Government Affairs Manager
See jobs at DraftKings
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Join a groundbreaking company.
We’re growing rapidly and are looking for a Government Affairs Manager to help us monitor and engage in various legislative and regulatory issues impacting our business across the country. Collaborating with the Director of Government Affairs as well as the Compliance and Legal teams, you will have a direct impact on how DraftKings navigates ever evolving legislative requirements. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Government Affairs Manager:
- You will assist in coordination and oversight of a multi-state legislative effort.
- Advise on government affairs and engagement strategy.
- Analyze current and potential legislation’s impact on DraftKings’ business.
- You will also testify at legislative hearings and meetings.
- Draft comments on proposed legislation and regulations.
- Collaborate and coordinate your efforts with the communications team.
What skills you will use:
- Strong knowledge of the gaming industry and laws impacting the gaming business.
- College degree and at least 5 years of working experience required; J.D. is a bonus.
- You are able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to spot issues and propose solutions.
- This position could require travel up to 30% of the time. It can be based in Boston, Washington D.C., or be flexible.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
DraftKings, Inc. is the world’s leading skill-based Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) platform that allows fans in North America and the UK to compete in single-day, online fantasy sports contests across the largest variety of professional sports. DraftKings’ premier web-based and mobile technology brings a more engaging interactive experience and daily excitement to the pastime of fantasy sports. Founded in Boston in 2012. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York City and London. More than 350 employees. DraftKings is the exclusive DFS partner of Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, the National Hockey League and NASCAR (see more partnership details below).
Want to learn more about DraftKings? Visit DraftKings's website.
Jobs You May Like
Live Action Post-Production Intern
Rooster Teeth, Austin, TX
Clinical Care Navigator
OurHealth, Charlotte, NC
Group Nine Media
HR Business Partner, Tech & Product
Group Nine Media, New York, NY
Sr. HR Business Partner
Hudl, Lincoln, Omaha
Data Science Immersive Instructor
General Assembly, London, UK