DraftKings, Boston, MA
See jobs at DraftKings
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Work with a groundbreaking team.
We’re growing rapidly and are searching for a Director of Tax to join our innovative team. When you join DraftKings, you will focus not only on documenting and refining our historical tax positions, you will also collaborate with every business area to improve processes and execute objectives efficiently while minimizing operational strain on the business. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Director of Tax:
- You will draft technical memos to memorialize all of our tax positions, suggesting changes where appropriate.
- Perform detailed review of statutes, regulations, and case law as needed.
- Draft policies and procedures to support our tax positions, as well as create the controls to ensure they’re followed.
- Revisit risk areas regularly and work with tax counsel as needed.
- You will also be responsible for our provision for income taxes, accounting for contingent tax liabilities, and partner with BDO on Federal form 1120, FinCEN filings, and SALT.
- Meet all informational tax reporting and withholding obligations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Own all federal excise tax filings.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Preferably, you have 5 years of experience in public accounting, especially with the Big Four.
- You have experience working in gaming, e-commerce, or a similar data rich tech environment.
- CPA is mandatory; MST or JD is highly preferred.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
DraftKings, Inc. is the world’s leading skill-based Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) platform that allows fans in North America and the UK to compete in single-day, online fantasy sports contests across the largest variety of professional sports. DraftKings’ premier web-based and mobile technology brings a more engaging interactive experience and daily excitement to the pastime of fantasy sports. Founded in Boston in 2012. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York City and London. More than 350 employees. DraftKings is the exclusive DFS partner of Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, the National Hockey League and NASCAR (see more partnership details below).
Want to learn more about DraftKings? Visit DraftKings's website.
Jobs You May Like
MongoDB, New York City
Human Resources Manager (APAC)
Workplace Office Manager (Atlanta)
Peloton, Atlanta, GA
Recruiting Coordinator/Office Admin
Bright Health, Austin, TX
Talent Acquisition Partner
C3, Redwood City, California
Sourcing Recruiter (Contract)
Twitch, Irvine, CA