Senior Vice President, Engineering
DraftKings, Boston, MA
See jobs at DraftKings
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
We’re growing rapidly and are searching for a Senior Vice President to lead a driven Engineering team at the forefront of sports entertainment. You will be reporting directly to the CTO, developing strategy for and scaling the technology team to meet the challenges of a quickly evolving industry. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you will do as Senior Vice President:
- Manage a growing engineering team focused on building our consumer-facing products.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and other business stakeholders to develop and then execute on roadmaps that drive the business forward.
- Develop an intentional method for developing the talent in the engineering organization.
- Ensure the engineering team has the resources and capacity to meet the company’s ambitious goals.
- Drive organizational initiatives that support the business.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the executive team in developing company strategy.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 7+ years of experience building and managing large (50+) engineering organizations.
- Strong management expertise with proven experience developing senior talent.
- An ability to develop productive relationships across the entire organization that drive tangible business value.
- Possess outstanding communication skills with the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven success driving value in a fast-paced and evolving industry.
- Expertise in delivering software using agile methodologies.
- History of recruiting outstanding developers in competitive markets.
- Ability to build distributed engineering organizations.
- Experience delivering software in a highly regulated industry is a plus.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
DraftKings, Inc. is the world’s leading skill-based Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) platform that allows fans in North America and the UK to compete in single-day, online fantasy sports contests across the largest variety of professional sports. DraftKings’ premier web-based and mobile technology brings a more engaging interactive experience and daily excitement to the pastime of fantasy sports. Founded in Boston in 2012. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York City and London. More than 350 employees. DraftKings is the exclusive DFS partner of Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, the National Hockey League and NASCAR (see more partnership details below).
Want to learn more about DraftKings? Visit DraftKings's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Team Lead
Senior DevOps Engineer
Top Hat, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lead/ Senior Software Engineer in Test
Social Tables, Washington, DC
Senior Safety Strategy Consultant - International Safety
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Senior Test Automation Engineer
Senior Software Development Engineer - iOS - Advertising
OfferUp, OfferUp HQ - Bellevue, WA