DraftKings is a leading sports entertainment brand that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions and experiences on the planet. Our goal is to transform the way fans experience sports. Our mission is to make sports better – and make better sports fans – by bringing them closer to the games they love. We are the signature tech startup of our generation in Boston.
The Director of Corporate Development works closely with senior executives to define and drive the strategic agenda of the company, with a strong focus on the evaluation and execution of inorganic opportunities. As the leading member of the team, the VP is at the forefront of directly shaping the strategy of a leader in the sports entertainment industry and defining its corporate development priorities.
- Lead the strategy and execution of M&A transactions, including acquisitions, investments, joint ventures and other inorganic opportunities.
- Review strategic fit and rationale for opportunities
- Conduct financial modelling and analysis of target company/investment
- Coordinate due diligence and playing a lead role on business and financial diligence
- Formulate corporate finance strategy, including evaluating capital structure options and executing related transactions
- Screen Corporate Development and partnership opportunities pipeline
- Lead due diligence efforts for Corporate Development opportunities
- Work closely with investment bankers and legal counsel on target valuation, synergy assumptions, contract language and integration considerations
- Manage post-merger integration workstreams and reporting
- Create final deliverables to summarize progress / findings in a compelling manner
- Present projects to senior stakeholders within the company and liaise with counterparties
Qualifications & Skills:
- MBA plus 5+ years of work experience post MBA
- Previous experience in management consulting, investment banking and/or corporate development
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Quantitative and analytical mindset
- Ability to be flexible in ambiguous situations and align the interests of multiple stakeholders
- Positive and team-oriented attitude
DraftKings, Inc. is the world’s leading skill-based Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) platform that allows fans in North America and the UK to compete in single-day, online fantasy sports contests across the largest variety of professional sports. DraftKings’ premier web-based and mobile technology brings a more engaging interactive experience and daily excitement to the pastime of fantasy sports. Founded in Boston in 2012. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York City and London. More than 350 employees. DraftKings is the exclusive DFS partner of Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, the National Hockey League and NASCAR (see more partnership details below).
Want to learn more about DraftKings? Visit DraftKings's website.
Jobs You May Like
Dropbox, Austin, TX
Receptionist / Office Manager
Revinate, San Francisco, CA
Learning & Development Manager
Sr. Government Relations Manager
Postmates, San Francisco
Platform Architect (Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
Pivotal Software, Hiring in the UK, France, Italy, Germany
Blue Bottle Coffee, Oakland