DraftKings is a leading sports entertainment brand that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions and experiences on the planet. Our goal is to transform the way fans experience sports. Our mission is to make sports better – and make better sports fans – by bringing them closer to the games they love.
As an Analytics Manager on the Contest Operations team, you will be responsible for interpreting and analyzing data to help maximize net revenue from the sports you manage. You’ll accomplish this via improvements to existing process, creation of forecasts, and generation of customer behavior insights. In managing over $300M in guaranteed prizes, you’ll also be tasked with measuring the risks and incrementality associated with certain promotions and other non-BAU business decisions. What we need to track, report on, and monitor changes at a rapid pace; the Analytics Manager will be crucial for ensuring that we can keep up with that pace, and are always able to make strong fact-based decisions. As the business continues to grow, you’ll work closely with our Data Science team to help scale systemization and model-based decision making through testing agendas and other analysis.
What you will do:
- Own forecasting methodologies and risk assessment models for guaranteed contest prize pools
- Create and maintain models that are the engine to the automated systems behind contest posting, pacing, and merchandizing prioritization
- Build new metrics that enable teams within the company to measure their performance at the best possible level
- Work with Data Science and Technology teams to optimize model-based process
- Work with Product and Marketing teams to systematize and roll out key insights generated from analysis
- Developing frameworks and models to help generate insights around customer behavior
- Build customer segments with fundamentally different behavior, and identify ways we can entertain each customer more
- Use surveys and other research techniques to enhance our product suite
- Support ad hoc analytic requests to drive day-to-day decisions
- Manage and develop junior analysts
What you will need to bring:
- Proven history of identifying opportunity for optimization of existing process via automation and systemization
- Excellence in creation/maintenance of advanced data models and systems with ability to measure/report on results of such models and systems
- Comfortable presenting results and insights to various stakeholders, up to and including C-Suite
- Strong risk manager, with ability to clearly describe approach to decision making with transparency and accountability
- Highly proficient with data analytics, and experience in data manipulation using a variety of tools
- Extremely strong ability to problem solve, especially in areas where you have no experience
- Proven history of taking initiative, and having a self-driven approach to determining what’s important to focus on
- Natural curiosity, and a demonstrated ability to turn observed data into a story about what behavior is driving that data
- Strong business consulting skills
- Able to understand the challenges faced by various teams and identify reporting needs to assist them
- Able to define requirements autonomously for any project
- BS in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or a related field
- 5+- years of Site or Marketing Analytics experience, ideally in e-commerce or mobile gaming
- Comfortable in fast paced, results driven environment
- SQL or Reporting tools experience required
- Experience managing and developing junior analysts
At DraftKings, we promote diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
DraftKings, Inc. is the world’s leading skill-based Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) platform that allows fans in North America and the UK to compete in single-day, online fantasy sports contests across the largest variety of professional sports. DraftKings’ premier web-based and mobile technology brings a more engaging interactive experience and daily excitement to the pastime of fantasy sports. Founded in Boston in 2012. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York City and London. More than 350 employees. DraftKings is the exclusive DFS partner of Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, the National Hockey League and NASCAR (see more partnership details below).
Want to learn more about DraftKings? Visit DraftKings's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Engineer, Monitoring Platform
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Senior Director of Customer Success
Social Tables, Washington D.C.
Member Service Guide - Bilingual in English - Creole/Spanish
Devoted Health, Waltham, MA
Senior Technical Account Manager
HashiCorp, Chicago IL
VP of People
LendUp, San Francisco, CA
Shipping & Receiving Specialist - Overnight Shift
TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY