DraftKings is a leading sports entertainment brand that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions and experiences on the planet. Our goal is to transform the way fans experience sports. Our mission is to make sports better – and make better sports fans – by bringing them closer to the games they love. We are the signature tech startup of our generation in Boston.
The Business planning and Analysis team manages business planning, financial forecasting and analysis, corporate development (mergers and acquisitions), and fundraising. The business planning lead role is responsible for driving strategic planning and operational excellence, reporting directly to the Head of Business planning and Analysis. This role will work directly with the marketing and engineering leadership teams to develop and implement the strategic roadmap. You will play a crucial role in delivering key revenue insights to senior management. This position will focus on forecasting and analyzing revenue as well as conducting collaborative, deep-dive analyses to understand high-level business trends. The position is full-time and located in Boston, MA.
- Act as the thought partner to marketing leadership team across strategic and operational challenges
- Drive revenue and marketing cost planning processes
- Communicate results and recommendations to marketing leaders in a clear, actionable, and engaging way
- Engage with other departments to stay up-to-date on the latest product developments and develop revenue incrementally models for new businesses
- Track Actual to forecast performance and advise Marketing leadership on how to optimize
- Prepare market and competitive landscape analysis
- Monitor revenue, customer lifetime value, and retention spend (ROI) and provide insights to marketing leadership
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting to marketing leadership team
- Provides business case framework and evaluation of new ventures for marketing
- Use tools similar to SQL, Tableau, Python, Excel, and many other internal tools to work efficiently at scale. And to train members of your team on these types of tools.
Strategic Development and Special Projects
- 7-15 years of experience in highly analytical environments - top management consulting firm, investment bank, corporate strategy.
- Proven track record and enthusiasm for building, managing, mentoring, and inspiring teams and influencing peer organizations
- Strong communicator with the ability to moderate based on audience and demonstrate an ability to partner with a range of cross cultural and cross functional partners
- History of self-starting and defining what success means in different professional environments and achieving that success
- Excel Master, SQL Skills
- Top-tier MBA (or equivalent) a plus
DraftKings, Inc. is the world’s leading skill-based Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) platform that allows fans in North America and the UK to compete in single-day, online fantasy sports contests across the largest variety of professional sports. DraftKings’ premier web-based and mobile technology brings a more engaging interactive experience and daily excitement to the pastime of fantasy sports. Founded in Boston in 2012. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York City and London. More than 350 employees. DraftKings is the exclusive DFS partner of Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, the National Hockey League and NASCAR (see more partnership details below).