Business Data Analyst Intern
DraftKings, Boston, MA
See jobs at DraftKings
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Love data? We do too.
As a Business Data Analyst Intern, you will focus on transforming huge volumes of data into actionable business insights to fuel the growth of DraftKings. Data is at the heart of every decision made within DraftKings, and our Analytics team works to solve problems across a wide variety of topics.
What you’ll do as a Business Data Analyst Intern:
- Create salary algorithms for players and set up contest sizing that defines the user experience and business efficiency.
- Optimize acquisition spend and marketing strategies to drive growth.
- Identify ways to improve customer game-play through on-site changes.
- Measure how new features, or site changes, drive shifts in customer behavior.
- Develop and systematize standard reporting for key business results.
What skills you will use:
- Currently attending a 4-year University or College to earn a degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or a related field.
- Experience with SQL, SAS, Matlab, R, or other programming language.
- Knowledge of statistics and hypothesis testing required, with model building experience being a strong plus.
- Demonstrated history of autonomously developing new insights from data.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, results driven environment.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
DraftKings, Inc. is the world’s leading skill-based Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) platform that allows fans in North America and the UK to compete in single-day, online fantasy sports contests across the largest variety of professional sports. DraftKings’ premier web-based and mobile technology brings a more engaging interactive experience and daily excitement to the pastime of fantasy sports. Founded in Boston in 2012. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York City and London. More than 350 employees. DraftKings is the exclusive DFS partner of Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, the National Hockey League and NASCAR (see more partnership details below).