Principal Software Engineer, Platform
DraftKings, Boston, MA
See jobs at DraftKings
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
The vision behind the game.
We’re growing rapidly. As a Principal Software Engineer at DraftKings, you’ll be a leader within the organization, delivering highly scalable software systems and collaboratively setting the direction of your team. This isn’t just a technical role, though. You will have the opportunity to develop the talented engineers on your team and help them achieve their own potential.
What you’ll do as a Principal Software Engineer:
- You will solve our most challenging technical problems.
- Design and code critical aspect of our platform.
- Develop the technical roadmap for a technology, platform, or domain.
- Act as a mentor for your talented team of engineers who look to you for guidance through design reviews and casual lunch and learns on technical topics.
- You will also establish strategies and approaches that help your team produce scalable and fault-tolerant systems to solve business needs
What skills you will use:
- You have experience and expertise in building scalable, fault-tolerant systems.
- A history of developing strong relationships with business partners.
- You have exceptional object-oriented programming skills with a modern OO language like C# or Java (we use C#).
- Strong relational database design skills paired with ability to craft SQL that can access that database in a safe way – we use Amazon’s Aurora variant of MySQL.
- You will also have a strong understating of unit and automation testing.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
DraftKings, Inc. is the world’s leading skill-based Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) platform that allows fans in North America and the UK to compete in single-day, online fantasy sports contests across the largest variety of professional sports. DraftKings’ premier web-based and mobile technology brings a more engaging interactive experience and daily excitement to the pastime of fantasy sports. Founded in Boston in 2012. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York City and London. More than 350 employees. DraftKings is the exclusive DFS partner of Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, the National Hockey League and NASCAR (see more partnership details below).
Want to learn more about DraftKings? Visit DraftKings's website.
Jobs You May Like
Front-End Software Engineer
Smarkets, London, UK
(Senior) Software Engineer Fullstack / Scala (f/m)
Holidaycheck, Munich, Bottighofen, Poznan
Senior Software Engineer
Pond5, Dublin (Ireland)
Junior Software Developer (m/w/d)
Principal Systems Engineer, Analysis & Prototyping
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Software Engineer, Backend, Operations Technology
Postmates, San Francisco