Senior Site Reliability Engineer, DevOps
DraftKings, Boston, MA
See jobs at DraftKings
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Building the possibilities.
We’re growing rapidly. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will help us continue running our applications smoothly as our business scales. DraftKings solves some of the most interesting challenges in the tech industry, and when you join our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see your ideas and solutions directly impact our products.
What you’ll do as a Site Reliability Engineer:
- Create self-provisioning infrastructure using tools like Chef, Terraform, and Docker.
- Define key metrics and SLAs around new web services being created to support our rapid traffic growth.
- You will design and implement monitoring and alerting strategies to enforce application SLAs
- Create platform-as-a-service environments where entire subsets of our architecture can be created and destroyed cleanly and reliably.
- You will also foster a continuous deployment ecosystem that will allow DraftKings to operate at a massive scale.
What skills you will use:
- You will have 3+ years with cloud environments and provisioning automation
- Deep understanding of common scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Bash). Powershell is a plus.
- Experience working with at least one object-oriented language (Java, .Net, etc.)
- Working knowledge of networking and web concepts and ability to debug issues down to the packets.
- Experience with distributed systems and the challenges with operating them as they scale.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
DraftKings, Inc. is the world’s leading skill-based Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) platform that allows fans in North America and the UK to compete in single-day, online fantasy sports contests across the largest variety of professional sports. DraftKings’ premier web-based and mobile technology brings a more engaging interactive experience and daily excitement to the pastime of fantasy sports. Founded in Boston in 2012. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York City and London. More than 350 employees. DraftKings is the exclusive DFS partner of Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, the National Hockey League and NASCAR (see more partnership details below).
Want to learn more about DraftKings? Visit DraftKings's website.
Jobs You May Like
Flexport, Seattle, WA
Junior Systems Administrator
Dashlane, Paris, France
Mechanical Design Intern
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Senior / Software Engineer (ReactJS)
Senior Data Science Platform Engineer
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA