Technical Lead, Data Science Engineering
DraftKings, Boston, MA
See jobs at DraftKings
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Love data? We do too.
DraftKings is growing quickly and we’re looking for a Tech Lead to direct our data science teams and influence our business roadmap. This is more than a technical position, though. You’ll be collaborating across teams, informing our decisions, and creatively finding solutions to all of our data challenges. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Data Science Tech Lead:
- Take ownership of design, development, deployment, and operations of data science infrastructure.
- You will research and develop advanced models that uncover insights from raw data and integrate those algorithms into our platform.
- Collaborate with business leads across the company to plan and execute valuable data science projects.
- Lead your team in design sessions and ensure your team delivers high quality work that aligns with DraftKings engineering strategy.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have experience as the ‘expert’ on a development team where you were responsible for everything from planning to delivering key features and management of those features.
- Expertise in a programming language like Python, Java, C#, or C++.
- Deep understanding of quantitative methods, notably writing code to navigate machine learning and data analysis.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-experts.
- You will also need an intuitive sense of how quantitative work aligns with business priorities.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.PM18
DraftKings, Inc. is the world’s leading skill-based Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) platform that allows fans in North America and the UK to compete in single-day, online fantasy sports contests across the largest variety of professional sports. DraftKings’ premier web-based and mobile technology brings a more engaging interactive experience and daily excitement to the pastime of fantasy sports. Founded in Boston in 2012. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York City and London. More than 350 employees. DraftKings is the exclusive DFS partner of Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, the National Hockey League and NASCAR (see more partnership details below).
Want to learn more about DraftKings? Visit DraftKings's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Engineer - Boston
Mercari, Boston, MA
Software Engineer: Backend (Customer Service Technology)
Postmates, San Francisco
CodeFights, San Francisco
Sr. Dialer Administrator (Five9)
Beyond, Houston, TX
NGINX, Moscow, Russia
Digital Reasoning, Franklin, TN/New York, NY