Email Deliverability & Compliance Specialist
Conversation-Driven Marketing & Sales Platform
We are looking for someone to join the growing Product team at Drift! We’re reinventing marketing and sales using messaging and AI. Sound interesting?
Drift sends over a billion emails a month across thousands of customers. Our Deliverability team is responsible for ensuring that these emails are successfully delivered into our customers’ inboxes. This work involves remediating blacklists, identifying spam traps, working with ISPs to optimize sending rates and working with clients to make sure they send email using best practices. The Deliverability team is currently looking for an experienced professional in email deliverability and compliance. [JC1]
If you have the following skills, please consider joining our team:
- Thorough understanding of the terminology used in mass email.
- Thorough understanding of ISP procedures (feedback loops, postmaster pages, etc.).Solid technical foundation on DNS, SPF, DKIM, and DMARC.
- Thorough understanding of reputation management tools such as ReturnPath and MxToolbox.
- Understanding of blacklist/spam trap causes and remediation.
- Understanding of CAN-SPAM and other international email regulations.
What you’ll be doing on the Product team at Drift:
- Maintain strong relationships with our Customers, ISPs, Product Teams, Support and Success teams.
- Research and keep informed on Deliverability as a Subject Matter Expert for Drift
- Attend and participate in industry events around Deliverability such as MAAWG, EEC and more
- Investigate, diagnose and remediate email deliverability issues by working with customers, internal teams and with tier-one support at ISPs, email blacklists and anti-spam technology providers.
- Build and maintain relationships with ISP postmastersProactively manage IP reputation and deliverability for all of our clients and enforce compliance and best practice sending behaviors.
- Manage internal reputation management tools and the distribution of Drift IP addresses
- Provide expert advice and respond to sending concerns out of scope for deliverability (but may be indirectly related)
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to build out best in class email deliverability tools for customers and employees
- Create client deliverability reports and present to client findings and recommendations
- Respond to deliverability related support tickets or customer concerns, delivering best practice to Support team for customer issues, being the expert escalation on specific customer issues
- Own new client onboarding, domain customization, and off-boarding with regards to deliverability issues
- Support Drift sales with deliverability best practice advice and solutions for potential new clients
- Support Drift’s Marketing activities; creating regular content for Marketing from a Deliverability and Compliance basis
- Execute Webinar(s), Create Video(s), How-To’s and Best Practice articles
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- You like solving puzzles - enjoy analytical problem solving, conducting in-depth investigations, reviews, and audits into member email sending practices to ensure adherence to program standards
- You know this market - have knowledge and expertise to translate the data into solutions that will enable companies to execute on their email marketing strategies and aspirations
- You understand the technology - have a strong knowledge of network protocols and DNS and the technical aspects of email systems and authentication – SPF, DKIM, DMARC.
- You are fluent in Data – Ability to interpret and troubleshoot email headers and SMTP logs as well as bounce messages and non-delivery reports
- You love working with customers - an ability to communicate clearly and professionally with technical and non-technical members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You love to build things - have a desire to build services around your expertise and translate this knowledge to others
- You are a team player - ability to work on a team, as well as independently, in fast-paced environment and help others succeed
- 3 years experience of email delivery, ISP or ESP relations or similar experience with large scale email campaigns
- Technically relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Flexibility to work unusual hours when needed
- Must have right to live and work in the US
Drift is the world’s first and only conversational marketing and sales platform. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to provide a modern buying experience for potential customers, generate more qualified leads, and dramatically accelerate the sales cycle.
At Drift, team members:
- Have complete ownership and accountability over their role and functional area
- Have complete transparency into the rest of the company (and are expected to show their work and do the same)
- Have a sense of urgency. We are building a once in a lifetime company at Drift, so we move fast every single day.
Drift is the world's leading conversation-driven marketing and sales platform. Customers use Drift to provide a modern buying experience for potential customers, generate more qualified leads, and dramatically accelerate the sales cycle. Based in Boston, Massachusetts, Drift is a venture-backed company founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres. Get started for free today at drift.com
Want to learn more about Drift? Visit Drift's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Manager
Spring, Headquarters - NYC
Telematics Delivery Analyst
Command Alkon, Oak Brook, IL
Product & Sales Trainee for Japan (French Market)
Ventura TRAVEL, Berlin
Electronic Systems Intern
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Dahmakan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Medallia, Buenos Aires, Argentina