Director of Business Development
drive.ai, Mountain View
Building the Brain of Self-Driving Vehicles
Are you excited about shaping the self-driving car revolution and beyond? Our goal is to revolutionize transportation to bring safety, convenience and mobility to our roads and communities. In this position, you will be part of the team working towards our vision of ubiquitous autonomous vehicles. Join a small collaborative team of world class researchers and engineers using cutting edge deep learning technology to power the next generation of self-driving cars!
We are Series B funded, totaling $77 million! We are backed by NEA and GGV.
About the role
As a Director of Business Development, you will be responsible for helping us further develop our company’s go to market, including our overall commercialization efforts. You will be joining a small, high impact business development team that focuses on increasing our commercial viability on the supply side (vehicles) and demand side (deployments). Given the fast pace of our business and the larger industry, focus and responsibilities may shift rapidly to stay attuned to our company’s growth profile.
This role will be based in Mountain View, CA and report to the VP, Business Strategy. It may require significant travel, given the location of some of our key global partners and our remote deployment site in Texas.
Here's what you will do
- In the short-term, develop an overall understanding of the autonomous vehicle landscape, including on both the automotive (e.g., OEM/Tier 1) and deployment ecosystems (e.g., government entities, private deployment partners)
- In the long-term, become a subject matter expertise within the team on a key area of the autonomous vehicle landscape
- Collaborate and work closely with cross-functional teams, including the product, engineering and deployment operations teams develop and implement new business development strategies
- Develop go to market strategies to help accelerate the growth of our business
- Identify and qualify key strategic partners and further engage them to forge strategic, partnerships to achieve company priorities and goals
- Provide strategic analysis and updates to the company’s leadership regarding your key area of subject matter expertise
Here's the background we hope you have
- 7+ years of experience in a business development capacity
- A record of successfully navigating complex corporate partners and business issues, including intellectual property, competitive ecosystem dynamics and difficult commercial terms
- Comfortable presenting and advocating for the company in front of large corporate partners’ executive leadership without guidance and support
- Fluency in negotiating term sheets and partnerships agreements, including marketing, manufacturing and distribution agreements
- Self-directed demeanor with a strong analytical mind and business judgment
- Strong presentation and language skills; foreign language proficiency or fluency a plus
- BA/BS degree; MBA or JD preferred
The following would be nice to have, but is not required
- Experience in working within the autonomous vehicle, automotive or public transportation space
- Previous work experience in foreign countries or with foreign companies
WE ARE DRIVEN BY INNOVATION. Who We Are. Drive.ai is a Silicon Valley startup founded by former lab mates out of Stanford University’s Artificial Intelligence Lab. We are creating AI software for autonomous vehicles using deep learning, which we believe is the key to the future of transportation. We founded drive.ai because we believe that this technology has the potential to save lives and transform industries, and we think this is the right team to do it.