Are you excited about shaping the self-driving car revolution and beyond? Our goal is to revolutionize transportation to bring safety, convenience and mobility to our roads and communities. In this position, you will be part of the team working towards our vision of ubiquitous autonomous vehicles. Join a small collaborative team of world class researchers and engineers using cutting edge deep learning technology to power the next generation of self-driving cars!
We are Series B funded, totaling $77 million! We are backed by NEA and GGV.
About the role
As VP of Artificial Intelligence, you will be responsible for creating the overall AI roadmap for the company and build a cohesive and comprehensive AI strategy for execution of the plan as well as provide technical guidance and align company objectives with development plans. You will champion AI advancement and lead major strategic and cross-functional initiatives to drive implementation of the roadmap. You will oversee AI related research and development and work with multiple teams to develop and implement innovative algorithms and architectures.
Here's what you will do
- Work with the other executive of the team to create an AI roadmap and strategy that aligns with company business goals
- Provide technical leadership and expertise for research and development of AI technology for our autonomous driving solution
- Help guide the team design, develop, implement, and evaluate both traditional as well as deep learning solutions
- Manage and lead a cross functional team of diverse and creative individuals and build a culture of innovation and execution
- Work on building efficient workflow for experimenting, developing, and testing AI algorithms and architecture including data collection and annotation
- Focus on developing technology that is high performing and suitable for implementation in a real world production environments and meets the product and business requirements
- Keep abreast of latest development of AI and ML ideas and algorithms both from academic and industry
Here's the background we hope you have
- PHD in computer science or related fields with AI/ML specialization
- Proven track record of 12+ years of progressive data science and ML/AI experience, with 3+ years in a significant leadership position managing large tech teams that designed, developed, and launched complex AI solutions
- Previous experience autonomous driving projects, especially in perception, predictions and motion planning, is preferred
- Demonstrated track record of successfully hiring, motivating, and retaining talented engineers
- Knowledge of machine learning, information retrieval, analytics, statistics, deep learning techniques
- Hands on experience in deep learning platform (such as Tensorflow) and models (such as DNN, CNN, RNN, GAN)
- Experience and experience with GPU and CPU based efficient and scalable compute platform for deep learning
- Experience delivering cloud-based solutions at scale
- Understanding of security and compliance constraints is a plus
- Experience in development of multi-threaded event driven serving systems in C++/Python
- Competent in fundamental data structures, algorithms, and computer system
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
WE ARE DRIVEN BY INNOVATION. Who We Are. Drive.ai is a Silicon Valley startup founded by former lab mates out of Stanford University’s Artificial Intelligence Lab. We are creating AI software for autonomous vehicles using deep learning, which we believe is the key to the future of transportation. We founded drive.ai because we believe that this technology has the potential to save lives and transform industries, and we think this is the right team to do it.