Software Engineer, Mapping & Localization
drive.ai, Mountain View
Building the Brain of Self-Driving Vehicles
Are you excited about shaping the self-driving car revolution and beyond? Our goal is to revolutionize transportation to bring safety, convenience and mobility to our roads and communities. In this position, you will be part of the team working towards our vision of ubiquitous autonomous vehicles. Join a small collaborative team of world class researchers and engineers using cutting edge deep learning technology to power the next generation of self-driving cars!
We are Series B funded, totaling $77 million! We are backed by NEA and GGV.
About the role
As a Software Engineer, Mapping & Localization you will develop the pipeline for map generation, map annotation, map maintenance, and change management.
Here's what you will do
- Develop map reconstruction algorithms with an emphasis on 3D reconstruction using LIDAR, cameras, GPS, or IMU
- Implement distributed software for map generation, map updates, and map annotation
- Develop methods to detect when map updates and required and manage map changes for a variety of downstream functions
- Work with large, real-world datasets from our fleet of vehicles
Here's the background we hope you have
- Proficient in C++ and Python
- Proficient with development in a Linux environment, git version control
- Experience with distributed frameworks (MapReduce, Spark)
- Ability to develop solutions to complex and advanced technical problems
- Minimum of 2+ years industry work experience
- M.S. in Computer Science, Robotics, or related field
The following would be nice to have, but is not required
- Knowledge of SLAM, point cloud registration, GNSS/INS
- Experience with Docker
- Knowledge and experience working with IMU, GPS, LIDAR, RADAR, and camera sensor data
- 5+ years industry work experience
- PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, or related field
WE ARE DRIVEN BY INNOVATION. Who We Are. Drive.ai is a Silicon Valley startup founded by former lab mates out of Stanford University’s Artificial Intelligence Lab. We are creating AI software for autonomous vehicles using deep learning, which we believe is the key to the future of transportation. We founded drive.ai because we believe that this technology has the potential to save lives and transform industries, and we think this is the right team to do it.
Want to learn more about drive.ai? Visit drive.ai's website.
Jobs You May Like
Web Quality Engineering Intern
App Annie, Beijing, China
Technical Services Engineer (EMEA)
Federal/SLED Federal Security Sales Engineer
Rapid7, Remote - Washington, D.C.
Software Engineer - Developer Experience (DevX)
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Director of Engineering
MuleSoft, San Francisco
AppLovin, Palo Alto, CA