Software Engineer, Autonomous Vehicles
drive.ai, Mountain View
Building the Brain of Self-Driving Vehicles
Are you excited about shaping the self-driving car revolution and beyond? Our goal is to revolutionize transportation to bring safety, convenience and mobility to our roads and communities. In this position, you will be part of the team working towards our vision of ubiquitous autonomous vehicles. Join a small collaborative team of world class researchers and engineers using cutting edge deep learning technology to power the next generation of self-driving cars!
We are Series B funded, totaling $77 million! We are backed by NEA and GGV.
About the role
As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with cross-functional teams, helping create the infrastructure for our deep learning full stack, that will be the brain of the self-driving car. We are looking for someone who relishes developing software to make safety critical decisions on a robotic platform in a matter of milliseconds. You will need to thoroughly understand the problem space and work with cross-functional teams to design and implement solutions.
Here's what you will do
- Participate in the development of various aspects of software engineering including vehicle software and backend infrastructure systems
- Build internal tools to help with the visualization, monitoring, debugging, testing, and optimization of various systems
Here's the background we hope you have
- BS/MS in CS or equivalent
- Experience in C/C++ or Python, Linux development environment
- 3+ years of industry work experience
The following would be nice to have, but is not required
- Familiarity with vehicle systems
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience working with robotics software, including ROS, OpenCV, PCL, OpenGL, etc.
- Broad knowledge of all sensor systems and sensor fusion, including cameras, LIDAR, RADAR, etc.
- Background in linear algebra and calculus (e.g. computer graphics, projections, matrix operations)
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, MySQL
- Experience with building both front-end and back-end of web applications
WE ARE DRIVEN BY INNOVATION. Who We Are. Drive.ai is a Silicon Valley startup founded by former lab mates out of Stanford University’s Artificial Intelligence Lab. We are creating AI software for autonomous vehicles using deep learning, which we believe is the key to the future of transportation. We founded drive.ai because we believe that this technology has the potential to save lives and transform industries, and we think this is the right team to do it.
Want to learn more about drive.ai? Visit drive.ai's website.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Embedded Software Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
IT Operations Analyst - Whitestown, IN
Brooks Running, Whitestown, Indiana
BounceX, New York
US Remote Full Stack Software Engineer (Product Engineering)
Sr. Frontend Engineer, Security
Box, Redwood City, CA
Intercom, San Francisco