Are you excited about shaping the self-driving car revolution and beyond? Our goal is to revolutionize transportation to bring safety, convenience and mobility to our roads and communities. In this position, you will be part of the team working towards our vision of ubiquitous autonomous vehicles. Join a small collaborative team of world class researchers and engineers using cutting edge deep learning technology to power the next generation of self-driving cars!
We are Series B funded, totaling $77 million! We are backed by NEA and GGV.
About the role
As a Software Engineer, Controls you will focus on developing an architecture for autonomous driving to integrate the physical system models with the vehicle’s chassis components (steering, braking, acceleration and suspension).
Here's what you will do
- Implement motion controllers to regulate vehicle steering and speed, in response to deep learning based motion planning trajectories.
- Design, analyze and maintain complex mechatronic systems
- Use experimental data to develop dynamic models and simulations, in order to evaluate and address both the motion planning trajectories and the modifications you make to the control model
- Experimentally estimate vehicle dynamics, physical properties, and performance characteristics
Here's the background we hope you have
- Deep experience in modeling and control of vehicle dynamics and performance
- Familiarity with experimental system identification, estimation, and data analysis techniques
- Knowledge in linear and non-linear systems analysis, stability analysis and controller design
- Ability to create dynamic simulations of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Experience in rapid prototyping and testing of algorithms
- Experience with mechatronic integration and hardware implementation
- Minimum of one year of industry work experience
- Strong programming ability (C++)
The following would be nice to have, but is not required
- Experience with hardware implementation
- Previous experience with robotic or autonomous vehicle systems
- Development experience with embedded systems with real-time constraints
- Experience in auto safety systems (ASIL B or ISO 26262)
- M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, or Controls/Mechanical Engineering
WE ARE DRIVEN BY INNOVATION. Who We Are. Drive.ai is a Silicon Valley startup founded by former lab mates out of Stanford University’s Artificial Intelligence Lab. We are creating AI software for autonomous vehicles using deep learning, which we believe is the key to the future of transportation. We founded drive.ai because we believe that this technology has the potential to save lives and transform industries, and we think this is the right team to do it.
Want to learn more about drive.ai? Visit drive.ai's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Robot Data Platform
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA
Part Time Front-End Web Development Instructor
General Assembly, Washington DC
Senior iOS Engineer
HealthTap, Palo Alto
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Sydney, Australia
Product Cost Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco