Are you excited about shaping the self-driving car revolution and beyond? Our goal is to revolutionize transportation to bring safety, convenience and mobility to our roads and communities. In this position, you will be part of the team working towards our vision of ubiquitous autonomous vehicles. Join a small collaborative team of world class researchers and engineers using cutting edge deep learning technology to power the next generation of self-driving cars!
We are Series B funded, totaling $77 million! We are backed by NEA and GGV.
About the role
As a Simulation Engineer, you will build simulators for our autonomous driving system. This includes software for vehicle, sensor, and environmental simulation. This software will integrate with real recorded data, to predict how the vehicle will behave in scenarios and gauge real-world performance. You will work on developing simulation tools and framework in areas related to 3D graphics rendering, physics simulations, vehicle dynamics modeling, and multi-agent systems.
Here’s what you will do
- Implement simulation frameworks that recreate dynamic environments based on both recorded and synthetic data
- Build planning logics for various dynamic agents
- Develop automated regression frameworks for autonomous systems
- Build scalable frameworks to run massive amounts of simulations in a cluster environment
Here’s the background we hope you have
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science, engineering, math, physics, robotics, or related field
- Expertise in general AI, robotics, automotive, or detailed physics simulation process
- Excellent C++ or Python software development skills on Linux platforms
- Previous experience in writing simulation code, 3D games, or automotive simulators using software such as Gazebo, OGRE, Unity, three.js, OpenRave, Drake, CGAL, Unreal, etc)
- Familiarity with state of the art 3D simulation framework/packages
- Extensive experience developing 3D framework
- Strong 3D Graphics and mathematics background
WE ARE DRIVEN BY INNOVATION. Who We Are. Drive.ai is a Silicon Valley startup founded by former lab mates out of Stanford University’s Artificial Intelligence Lab. We are creating AI software for autonomous vehicles using deep learning, which we believe is the key to the future of transportation. We founded drive.ai because we believe that this technology has the potential to save lives and transform industries, and we think this is the right team to do it.