Are you excited about shaping the self-driving car revolution and beyond? Our goal is to revolutionize transportation to bring safety, convenience and mobility to our roads and communities. In this position, you will be part of the team working towards our vision of ubiquitous autonomous vehicles. Join a small collaborative team of world class researchers and engineers using cutting edge deep learning technology to power the next generation of self-driving cars!
We are Series B funded, totaling $77 million! We are backed by NEA and GGV.
About the role
As a Software Engineer, Vehicle OS, you will develop, maintain, improve, test, and deploy software that runs on our vehicles. This includes developing fault tolerant systems that make autonomous driving decisions, provide extensive diagnostics and system health monitoring, as well as software that does sensor calibration, environmental data collection, and offline data processing and analysis.
Here's what you will do
- Develop scalable frameworks to support many types of vehicles and configurations
- Design efficient components and optimize existing software for limited compute platforms
- Improve onboard software stack stability, health monitoring, and error reporting
- Collaborate with other engineers to implement, integrate, and deploy robotic perception, mapping, localization, and sensor calibration software
- Implement distributed software to process vehicle data and perform validation testing
- Make autonomous driving technology an everyday reality
Here's the background we hope you have
- BS or a higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of industry experience using C++ and Python in production
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience in one or more of: Operating Systems, Databases, Concurrency, Linux Kernel, Compilers, Distributed Systems, etc.
- Knowledge of robotics and frameworks such as ROS or LCM is great, but not required
WE ARE DRIVEN BY INNOVATION. Who We Are. Drive.ai is a Silicon Valley startup founded by former lab mates out of Stanford University’s Artificial Intelligence Lab. We are creating AI software for autonomous vehicles using deep learning, which we believe is the key to the future of transportation. We founded drive.ai because we believe that this technology has the potential to save lives and transform industries, and we think this is the right team to do it.
Want to learn more about drive.ai? Visit drive.ai's website.
Jobs You May Like
Production Engineer - Data Center (Facilities)
GitHub, Remote - US
Senior Graphics Programmer
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Technical Project Manager – IT Security
trivago, Leipzig, Germany
Technical Product Owner - Fulfil
Agile Practice Lead - Software Development
Pivotal Software, Anywhere in the USA
Director, Patient Services Systems
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA