Senior Software Engineer, Mobile
drive.ai, Mountain View
Building the Brain of Self-Driving Vehicles
Are you excited about shaping the self-driving car revolution and beyond? Our goal is to revolutionize transportation to bring safety, convenience and mobility to our roads and communities. In this position, you will be part of the team working towards our vision of ubiquitous autonomous vehicles. Join a small collaborative team of world-class researchers and engineers using state of the art deep learning technology to power the next generation of self-driving cars!
We are Series B funded, totaling $77 million! We are backed by NEA and GGV.
About the role
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Python/Mobile/HRI to work on our self-driving and human robotic interface in-car user experience mobile app. We are looking for an engineer with several years experience of native programming in Android or iOS. The apps you build will potentially be used by millions of people every day as we move into a world where people are interacting with autonomous vehicles via their mobile phones.
Here's what you will do
- Define and scope technical requirements for the mobile team
- Work closely with our product and design teams to understand customer needs and build gorgeous, rich and modern mobile experiences
- Design and implement mobile applications on iOS or Android platforms for phones and our vehicle interfaces
- Use your past successes in helping guide the future of our mobile application strategy and roadmap
Here's the background we hope you have
- Interest in on-demand services, mobile development, and ride-hailing or fleet management
- Experience with either Android or iOS native application development
- Experience with Python, REACT Native
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Prior experience bringing mobile apps successfully to market
- Familiarity with user experience and user interface best practices across iOS and Android
The following would be nice to have, but is not required
- Experience working for a startup
- Experience in developing high performing client-side applications
- Experience working with tools and workflows such as git, GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, or equivalent
- Experience in the on-demand, ride-hailing or fleet management industry
- MS/BS in computer science, engineering, or related field
WE ARE DRIVEN BY INNOVATION. Who We Are. Drive.ai is a Silicon Valley startup founded by former lab mates out of Stanford University’s Artificial Intelligence Lab. We are creating AI software for autonomous vehicles using deep learning, which we believe is the key to the future of transportation. We founded drive.ai because we believe that this technology has the potential to save lives and transform industries, and we think this is the right team to do it.
Want to learn more about drive.ai? Visit drive.ai's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Mobile
Samsara, San Francisco
Full Stack Software Engineer (EMEA)
Senior Backend Engineer
Honest Buildings, New York
Senior Data Engineer - Cloud Data Platform
Melbourne IT, Melbourne
IT Wireless & Network Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA