Are you excited about shaping the self-driving car revolution and beyond? Our goal is to revolutionize transportation to bring safety, convenience and mobility to our roads and communities. In this position, you will be part of the team working towards our vision of ubiquitous autonomous vehicles. Join a small collaborative team of world class researchers and engineers using cutting edge deep learning technology to power the next generation of self-driving cars!
We are Series B funded, totaling $77 million! We are backed by NEA and GGV.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Business Program Manager to define and guide program execution related to our self-driving vehicle platform. As a Program Manager at drive.ai you will engage closely with the product, engineering, and business teams in order to ensure projects are defined and delivered in a focused and systematic way. In this role, you'll be involved in defining and managing key company initiatives and rallying the team toward stellar execution. A successful candidate will work cross-functionally to assist in the implementation of effective and efficient product development plans, scale the product lifecycles appropriately, and ensure partner integration happens successfully. While a technical background is not strictly required, the candidate must be effective in working closely with engineering teams to ensure deliverables are met. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of working with teams to achieve success on business critical projects.
Here's what you will do
- Act as a point person for the product, engineering, and business teams, ensuring strategic initiatives are followed through to on-time completion
- Create and oversee nimble, cross-functional project teams, providing guidance on timelines, resourcing, contingencies, and success metrics
- Identify areas for executional improvement across the company
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on program process
- Serve as a key executional and strategic liaison to team leads throughout the company, keeping all parties aligned and informed on recent project developments
- Support the Core Team Leaders in managing risks (schedule and technical performance) through contingency planning
Here's the background we hope you have
- 3 years of program/project management experience
- BA/BS degree in Management, Business, Engineering, or Economics
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail
The following would be nice to have, but is not required
- 5-7 years of program management experience, with special emphasis on seeing projects through to success
- BA/BS degree in Management, Business, Engineering, or Economics. Masters, JD, or MBA is preferred.
- Proficiency working in a challenging, fast-paced environment with little direction
- Ability to switch between high-level company goals and detailed project requirements/specifications at a moment's notice
- Exceptional abilities in managing cross-functional teams and driving them to converge around program schedules and priorities
- Strong project management and documentation skills
- History of taking responsibility for the execution of projects and holding team members accountable
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
WE ARE DRIVEN BY INNOVATION. Who We Are. Drive.ai is a Silicon Valley startup founded by former lab mates out of Stanford University’s Artificial Intelligence Lab. We are creating AI software for autonomous vehicles using deep learning, which we believe is the key to the future of transportation. We founded drive.ai because we believe that this technology has the potential to save lives and transform industries, and we think this is the right team to do it.