Senior Software Engineer, Backend
drive.ai, Mountain View
Building the Brain of Self-Driving Vehicles
Are you excited about shaping the self-driving car revolution and beyond? Our goal is to revolutionize transportation to bring safety, convenience and mobility to our roads and communities. In this position, you will be part of the team working towards our vision of ubiquitous autonomous vehicles. Join a small collaborative team of world class researchers and engineers using cutting edge deep learning technology to power the next generation of self-driving cars!
We are Series B funded, totaling $77 million! We are backed by NEA and GGV.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Backend to join our Fleet Systems Team. You will develop software which remotely operates our vehicles.
Here's what you will do
- Design and implement scalable backend architectures to remotely control autonomous vehicles
- Build distributed and fault tolerant services to connect autonomous vehicles to human experts
- Optimize our backend for low latency and real-time communication with autonomous vehicles
- Drive best practices for backend deployment, monitoring, and traceability
Here's the background we hope you have
- 3+ years experience building, deploying, and monitoring scalable backends
- Strong understanding of distributed systems, failure analysis, reliability
- Experience working with backend REST APIs and websockets
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent real-world experience
The following would be nice to have, but is not required
- Experience with Golang and/or Node.js
- Experience with video codec and networking protocols
- Experience building web front-ends (our engineers often work across the stack)
- Experience using C++ (our engineers often work across the stack)
- Experience building or working with customer service teams and tools
WE ARE DRIVEN BY INNOVATION. Who We Are. Drive.ai is a Silicon Valley startup founded by former lab mates out of Stanford University’s Artificial Intelligence Lab. We are creating AI software for autonomous vehicles using deep learning, which we believe is the key to the future of transportation. We founded drive.ai because we believe that this technology has the potential to save lives and transform industries, and we think this is the right team to do it.
Want to learn more about drive.ai? Visit drive.ai's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Web Developer (Houston)
Intrepid Pursuits, Houston, TX
Solutions Engineer (Thai Speaking)
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Frontend Developer (Angular/React.js)
Paytm Labs, Noida, Bangalore
BarkBox, New York, NY