DroneDeploy is fast-paced, quickly growing cloud B2B SaaS startup in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood. We develop and market the leading drone software platform that makes the power of aerial data accessible and productive for everyone. Trusted by over 4000 customers in 180 countries, we transform the way people collect, manage, and analyze drone data across industries, including construction, energy, insurance, and mining.
The DevOps team is tasked with ensuring the reliability and security of our exponentially scaling platform while serving as a force multiplier for the rest of the engineering organization. Other teams rely on our expert guidance to design a product that earns the trust of our users, without slowing down the pace of development. We believe that automation and developer empowerment is the key to creating systems that are reliable and secure by default while minimizing cycle times. We use a collection of SaaS, open source, and proprietary technologies; whichever provides the right solution and seamless integrations for that piece of the puzzle. Some of the key technologies we leverage include Docker (for code packaging and deployment), Kubernetes (for container orchestration), Ansible (for lightweight config management), and Terraform (to control our cloud infrastructure).
In this position you will be expected to:
- Have a mind for simplifying unnecessary complexity.
- Empathize with the people who use the systems you build.
- Excel at critical thinking and adapt to new situations.
- Anticipate future problems, without over-engineering the present.
- Share your expertise with others, but never stop learning new things.
We are looking for someone with:
- A depth of knowledge in at least one domain.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing complex systems using software.
- Experience with multiple services of at least one major cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc).
- Experience with configuration management systems (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Terraform, CloudFormation).
- Experience solving difficult problems with a scripting language (e.g. Bash, Ruby, Python) in a Linux environment.
- Available to work on-site within our San Francisco office, or work remotely on Pacific Standard Time hours.
- Experience with container technology (Docker/cgroups/LXC/etc) and container orchestration (Kubernetes/Mesos/CloudFoundry/etc)
Life at DroneDeploy
Ranked #3 as a Best Place to Work in the Bay, our team consists of talented, driven tech enthusiasts. We are creative, innovative, and committed to providing our customers the best drone software platform in the industry. We believe in a work environment that empowers everyone to explore, grow, and make an impact.
We offer competitive salaries, equity, employee health coverage and flexible time off.
Perks Include (but not limited to):
Daily catered lunch and snacks
Dog friendly office
Fancy espresso and sparkling water machines
Beautiful office featuring creative common spaces and a private backyard patio
Social events (Friday BBQs, FPV drone racing nights, Giants games & more)
In office Yoga twice a week
Monthly wellness reimbursement to help keep you healthy and sane
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
This is full time W2 position (not contract).
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.DroneDeploy uses Greenhouse Software, Inc. to collect job applications which contain personal data needed for the recruitment and hiring process. Greenhouse enables us to organize candidates, assess candidates, schedule and conduct candidate interviews. Job applications are kept on file to evaluate employment opportunities. To request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be erased, and/or to request that processing of your personal data be restricted, please contact us at [email protected].
About us DroneDeploy makes drone operations simple. DroneDeploy is a cloud-based drone mapping software that helps businesses solve critical problems, fast. The platform offers a powerful range of products that enables its customers to easily collect and analyze aerial data using any type of drone. The early successes of DroneDeploy have come from solving a range of problems in the agriculture, mining, GIS, and construction industries. The DroneDeploy platform is built to be the easiest, fastest, and most powerful aerial mapping solution available—controlling multiple drones from anywhere, on any device. Start gaining aerial insight for free, today. DroneDeploy is headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Want to learn more about DroneDeploy? Visit DroneDeploy's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos