Our Engineering team is architecting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so that people can get back to living and doing their best work.
Site Reliability Engineers are hybrid systems and software engineers who are responsible and take ownership for reliability, automation, and other issues related to 'keeping the lights on' in Dropbox’s foundation. SREs are integrated within the infrastructure team, and we're looking for engineers who want to be a part of developing infrastructure software, maintaining it, and scaling it.
The New York City office has a small, talented team that works on impactful projects that are essential to Dropbox’s success across the globe. As an early member of Dropbox NYC Engineering, you’ll have the unique chance to create critical product features and infrastructure while crafting the direction of the team and the office. You will be part of a small family within Dropbox that has a huge impact on the world.
- Automate the server provisioning process to reduce the labor of our networking engineering and datacenter operations teams. Once we plug a new server in, it walks itself through all aspects of provisioning to join the fleet without any human involvement
- Build scalable infrastructure to manage metadata for hundreds of billions of files, hundreds of petabytes of user data, and millions of concurrent connections
- Drive the company through “Disaster Recovery Tests”, where we manually turn down pieces of infrastructure to test Dropbox’s overall resiliency to failures
- Design the system and processes that Dropbox engineers use to deploy their software into production
- Build an auto-remediation system to automatically resolve production incidents before escalating them to on-call engineers
- A desire to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate, we'd love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together
- A desire to learn and grow with the company. We want people who know that one size does not fit all. You should bring your skills and expertise to create unique solutions for the problems that Dropbox is facing
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. 500 million registered users around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. With 150,000 businesses on Dropbox Business, we’re transforming everyday workflows and entire industries.
Want to learn more about Dropbox? Visit https://www.dropbox.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Security Architect
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Mobile Application Developer
PlayStation, Aliso Viejo, CA
IT Support Specialist (Consultant)
Harry’s, New York, NY
Software Engineer | Editorial Engineering
Time Inc., Brooklyn, NY
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California