Want to make your application stand out? Take this optional challenge! It's also great practice for interviewing at Dropbox:
Our Engineering team is architecting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so that people can get back to living and doing their best work.
We've developed a set of values that enables us to do this. Specifically, we write great software and sweat the details, relentlessly focus on impact, and create a harmonious culture. Creating elegant products begins with lots of prototyping and iteration to explore the problem space. It culminates in careful attention to edge cases and error handling, polished code, and great tests to ensure that we ship a reliable product that never compromises data integrity or security. Every Dropbox software release improves millions of lives, and you'll find a high petabyte-to-engineer ratio here. We're all about shipping high-leverage projects, even if they're risky or novel. We care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. Trust and respect are deeply rooted in our engineering culture.
If you are a new grad or intern please apply directly to that role.
- Build infrastructure to handle metadata for hundreds of billions of files, hundreds of petabytes of user data, and millions of concurrent connections
- Create a platform that is the fabric connecting over 300,000 of the world's apps, devices, and services; redefine "sync" for a mobile era (see the inaugural DBX conference for more)
- You will measure, optimize, and build one of industry's most advanced analytics platforms to derive meaning from vast amounts of data
- Craft the data and networking layers that enable rapid product innovation across Android, iOS, and mobile web
- Push the boundaries of OS integration on Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, and Linux. For example, on OS X we had to reverse-engineer the Finder to show current file sync status, and on Android and iOS we've optimized JSON parsing and have built custom bitmap caches to present lightning-fast views of tens of thousands of photos
- Enable our users to store and share billions of memories on Dropbox, and make these experiences delightful, from our mobile photo uploaders and web albums to a host of exciting features that will launch over the next few months
- You can help millions of businesses around the world who run on Dropbox, from your neighborhood corner store all the way up to Fortune 500 companies; Come build Dropbox Business to help teams be more productive
- 3+ years of work related industry experience
- A desire to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate, we'd love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent is required for this role.
Benefits and Perks
Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. 500 million registered users around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. With 150,000 businesses on Dropbox Business, we’re transforming everyday workflows and entire industries.
Want to learn more about Dropbox? Visit https://www.dropbox.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software QA Engineer
Software Engineering Internship
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Senior WHSOps Engineer for Big Data
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Express Drive
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer: Full-stack
Postmates, San Francisco