Specifically, we write great software and sweat the details, focus on impact, and create a harmonious culture. Creating elegant products begins with lots of prototyping and iteration to explore the problem space. It culminates in careful attention to edge cases and error handling, polished code, and great tests to ensure that we ship a reliable product that never compromises data integrity or security. Every Dropbox software release improves millions of lives, and you'll find a high petabyte-to-engineer ratio here. We're daring when it comes to shipping high-leverage projects, even if they're risky or novel. We care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. Trust and respect are deeply rooted in our engineering culture.
- Help millions of businesses around the world who run on Dropbox, from your neighborhood corner store all the way up to Fortune 500 companies; build Dropbox for Business to help teams be more productive
- The infrastructure you build will handle metadata for hundreds of billions of files, hundreds of petabytes of user data, and millions of concurrent connections
- Create a platform that is the fabric connecting over 100 thousand of the world's apps, devices, and services; redefine "sync" for a mobile era (see the inaugural DBX conference for more)
- You will measure, optimize, and build one of industry's most advanced analytics platforms to derive meaning from vast amounts of data
- Craft the data and networking layers that enable rapid product innovation across Android, iOS, and mobile web
- Push the boundaries of OS integration on Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, and Linux. For example, on OS X we had to reverse-engineer the Finder to show current file sync status, and on Android and iOS we‰'ve optimized JSON parsing and have built custom bitmap caches to present lightning-fast views of tens of thousands of photos.
- You enable our users to store and share billions of memories on Dropbox, and make these experiences delightful, from our mobile photo uploader and web albums to a host of exciting features that will launch over the next few months
- Bachelor degree or equivalent is required for this role.
- 2+ years experience in software engineering and/or work related industry experience
- We're looking for brilliant engineers who are hungry to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate with you, and you would like to strongly influence the direction and culture of our Seattle office, we'd love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. 500 million registered users around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. With 150,000 businesses on Dropbox Business, we’re transforming everyday workflows and entire industries.