Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As a Quantitative Research Intern you will have an opportunity to solve challenging problems arising in a trading environment while utilizing the latest statistical scientific algorithms and machine learning techniques. You will find great minds with diverse backgrounds, who are passionate about cultivating new ideas and exploring ways to bring them to life. Our quantitative research interns work closely with experienced traders, software engineers and senior quantitative researchers.
How you will make an impact…
- Create practical solutions to problems presented in the trading environment
- Conduct statistical analysis of market data, historical trends, and relationships across multiple asset classes
- Formulate and apply mathematical modeling, quantitative methods and machine learning techniques to identify and capture trading opportunities
- Work closely with traders and researchers to build and refine research infrastructure and tools
What you bring to the team…
- Are pursuing a Master’s or PhD in a technical discipline with a focus on Statistics, Optimization, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Quantitative Finance or related fields graduating between December 2019 and August 2021
- Proficiency in Python programming experience using the Python machine learning stack: numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.
- Proficient programming skills with experience exploring large datasets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including a solid foundation of statistics knowledge
- Working knowledge of probability theory, stochastic calculus and numerical algorithms such as finite differences, Monte Carlo simulation, etc.
- Some exposure to Natural Language Processing and/or High-Performance Computing is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to report research results as well as methodologies
- Added bonus if you have been published in a top tier journal focusing on Natural Language Processing or High-Performance Computing
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets, and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus, and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW was founded by Don Wilson, who got his start trading on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange in the late 1980s. Every trader on the floor had a three letter acronym for identification—Don chose his initials, DRW, and the name stuck. Over the past 25 years, DRW has expanded globally while staying true to what has always set us apart…our ability to identify and capture opportunities by leveraging technology, research and risk management. Our Approach We characterize our trading activity as following three general approaches — Liquidity providing: making markets, buying and selling products every day, with execution on a trading floor, over the phone and electronically Risk taking: doing our homework, formulating a view and putting on a position. Some positions are held for a few days, some for a few months or even years. Latency sensitive: combining research and risk management with superior technology and execution Trading in any asset class might include just one of these or may bring together all three; it all depends on what we see as the right strategy in that market. Our knowledge of the markets, pricing and modeling skills, risk management, and leading technology work together to create liquidity, improve market efficiency, and capture opportunities. Our Culture DRW combines the best of both worlds: the opportunity and spirit of a startup and the stability of an established, experienced firm. Our employees work hard to solve interesting problems, and their results are rewarded. We value continuous learning—from our outcomes, from the environment and from each other. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.
Want to learn more about DRW? Visit DRW's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Jobs You May Like