Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As a Software Developer, you’ll have an opportunity to solve challenging business problems while working closely with experienced traders and researchers to choose the right tools and solutions for the job.
How you will make an impact…
- Design, develop and test proprietary software. Examples include:
- Trading strategy simulation software optimized for distributed computation
- Large scale data acquisition, storage, accessibility, and visualization
- Ultra low-latency trading systems
- Complex algorithmic trading systems
- Real time trade management and risk analysis
- Identify innovative solutions to complex problems and advocate for their implementation to your team by communicating your ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Collaborate with other Software Developers, Traders, Quantitative Researchers, and Business Analysts in cross-functional team environments
- Be mentored by industry leaders on close-knit teams
You will be right at home if you have…
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics or any related science discipline graduating between December 2018 to June 2019
- Excellent software development skills in Python, C++, Java, or C
- Skills in network programming (TCP/IP), multi‐threaded applications, computational intelligence, real‐time programming or GUI programming
- A strong understanding of object‐oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- Strong interest and skills in computer programming as well as a desire to learn and absorb new technologies quickly
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
For more information about DRWs processing activities and their use of job applicants' data, please view their Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
DRW was founded by Don Wilson, who got his start trading on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange in the late 1980s. Every trader on the floor had a three letter acronym for identification—Don chose his initials, DRW, and the name stuck. Over the past 25 years, DRW has expanded globally while staying true to what has always set us apart…our ability to identify and capture opportunities by leveraging technology, research and risk management. Our Approach We characterize our trading activity as following three general approaches — Liquidity providing: making markets, buying and selling products every day, with execution on a trading floor, over the phone and electronically Risk taking: doing our homework, formulating a view and putting on a position. Some positions are held for a few days, some for a few months or even years. Latency sensitive: combining research and risk management with superior technology and execution Trading in any asset class might include just one of these or may bring together all three; it all depends on what we see as the right strategy in that market. Our knowledge of the markets, pricing and modeling skills, risk management, and leading technology work together to create liquidity, improve market efficiency, and capture opportunities. Our Culture DRW combines the best of both worlds: the opportunity and spirit of a startup and the stability of an established, experienced firm. Our employees work hard to solve interesting problems, and their results are rewarded. We value continuous learning—from our outcomes, from the environment and from each other. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.