Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As a Quantitative Trading Analyst Intern, you will gain exposure to the dynamic worlds of trading and technology in order to learn what it takes to become a successful and sustainable trader. Our 10-week summer program is packed with education, responsibility, challenges, problem-solving, excitement and fun.
How you will make an impact…
- Collaborate with senior traders, technologists and quantitative researchers by developing and improving trading strategies by working directly on the trading desk
- Identify and research in the development of cutting-edge market research projects using powerful analytic tools
- Be given immediate responsibility through assignments like position tracking, calculating risk, and analyzing vital theoretical values
What you bring to the team…
- A bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field graduating between December 2019 and June 2020. Must be in final year of university, eligible for full time employment starting summer 2020.
- Self-motivation, enjoy challenges and significant responsibility, and thrive in fast-paced, competitive environments
- Strong communication skills and work well in teams
- Advanced quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience programming in Python, C, C++, or similar languages
What to expect during the internship…
- Meaningful projects: Upon arrival, you will receive a challenging project to complete during the summer. Each project, advised by a trader, promotes a comprehensive learning experience and provides you with a meaningful work experience.
- Community: Throughout the summer, DRW hosts a variety of educational, social and team-building activities to explore the city, foster friendships and camaraderie.
- Mentorship: You will build a professional relationship with an experienced mentor in your field. Mentors and mentees meet to discuss goals, challenges and professional development as well as explore the city together through fun mentor outings.
- Education: As the trading industry continually evolves, both in terms of new products and transaction methods, the future will present us with unique opportunities and challenges. You will have the opportunity to complete an options course taught by an experienced trader. You will also participate in mock trading sessions where theory meets real‐life experience.
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
For more information about DRWs processing activities and their use of job applicants' data, please view their Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
DRW was founded by Don Wilson, who got his start trading on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange in the late 1980s. Every trader on the floor had a three letter acronym for identification—Don chose his initials, DRW, and the name stuck. Over the past 25 years, DRW has expanded globally while staying true to what has always set us apart…our ability to identify and capture opportunities by leveraging technology, research and risk management. Our Approach We characterize our trading activity as following three general approaches — Liquidity providing: making markets, buying and selling products every day, with execution on a trading floor, over the phone and electronically Risk taking: doing our homework, formulating a view and putting on a position. Some positions are held for a few days, some for a few months or even years. Latency sensitive: combining research and risk management with superior technology and execution Trading in any asset class might include just one of these or may bring together all three; it all depends on what we see as the right strategy in that market. Our knowledge of the markets, pricing and modeling skills, risk management, and leading technology work together to create liquidity, improve market efficiency, and capture opportunities. Our Culture DRW combines the best of both worlds: the opportunity and spirit of a startup and the stability of an established, experienced firm. Our employees work hard to solve interesting problems, and their results are rewarded. We value continuous learning—from our outcomes, from the environment and from each other. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.
Want to learn more about DRW? Visit DRW's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Applications Analyst
LimeBike, San Francisco, CA
Director, Employee Engagement & Internal Communications - Otter Media
Fullscreen, Playa Vista, CA
Endurance International Group, Houston, TX
Commercial Finance Analyst, APAC
2019 Summer Internship
Whistle Sports, New York City
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Clubhouse.io, New York City