Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As a Quantitative Trading Analyst, you will have an opportunity to combine the disciplines of risk management, research and technology to create optimal trading and investment strategies within the regulatory framework. You will work closely with experienced traders, software engineers and quantitative researchers. You will gain exposure to multiple asset classes through hands on trading experience and data analysis. Individual discovery and collaboration with fellow team members are encouraged to develop your understanding of market behavior.
How you will make an impact…
- Collaborate with researchers, traders, and software engineers to develop and improve trading strategies
- Quantitatively analyze trade data
- Assist in the development of analytical tools
- Investigate the potential application of existing strategies to new products
- Perform post-trade analysis of strategies including position and PnL reconciliation
- Communicate relevant news, market events, and system behavior to team members
- Execute trades based on market analysis and team strategy
You will be right at home if you have…
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science or related field graduating between December 2018 and June 2019
- Advanced quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to deploy those skills during time-sensitive situations
- A deep curiosity of analyzing large data sets using your knowledge of probability and statistics
- Experience programming in Python, C, C++, or similar languages
- Are adaptive, self-motivated, enjoy challenges and significant responsibility, and thrive in fast-paced, competitive environments
- Can advocate for your perspectives on trading strategies and risk in a concise manner to the team
- The ability to communicate effectively and work well in teams
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
For more information about DRWs processing activities and their use of job applicants' data, please view their Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
DRW was founded by Don Wilson, who got his start trading on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange in the late 1980s. Every trader on the floor had a three letter acronym for identification—Don chose his initials, DRW, and the name stuck. Over the past 25 years, DRW has expanded globally while staying true to what has always set us apart…our ability to identify and capture opportunities by leveraging technology, research and risk management. Our Approach We characterize our trading activity as following three general approaches — Liquidity providing: making markets, buying and selling products every day, with execution on a trading floor, over the phone and electronically Risk taking: doing our homework, formulating a view and putting on a position. Some positions are held for a few days, some for a few months or even years. Latency sensitive: combining research and risk management with superior technology and execution Trading in any asset class might include just one of these or may bring together all three; it all depends on what we see as the right strategy in that market. Our knowledge of the markets, pricing and modeling skills, risk management, and leading technology work together to create liquidity, improve market efficiency, and capture opportunities. Our Culture DRW combines the best of both worlds: the opportunity and spirit of a startup and the stability of an established, experienced firm. Our employees work hard to solve interesting problems, and their results are rewarded. We value continuous learning—from our outcomes, from the environment and from each other. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.
Want to learn more about DRW? Visit DRW's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.