DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our Network Infrastructure team works closely with trading desks and software engineers. They are the subject matter experts in the networking domain. They create tools using Python and automate tasks to streamline our environment. They are passionate about providing innovative solutions to our dynamic business.
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will have an opportunity to tout your extensive skills and abilities while helping solve complex network issues. You will be able to flex your network knowledge with in depth packet and protocol analysis. You will design and build new networks, create tools using Python, and support cutting edge trading industry networks. You will have a strong drive to learn and improve every year. You likely have a CCIE. You will harness your creative side for new technologies, documentation, improving operational efficiency and reducing operational risk. When it comes to new tech, you will research and evaluate new solutions using custom and commercial testing tools.
You will be right at home if you:
- Are a seasoned engineer, ideally with a CCIE, who has deep design, implementation and support experience
- Have a relentless tenacity for solving complex technical problems when others would have long ago waived a white flag
- Have a virtual tool belt of proven knowledge that encompasses many of the following areas: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, Multicast, Security
- You have experience with site to sites VPNs and firewalls
- Ok with some on-call, night and weekend work and not afraid to get your hands dirty (don’t worry, we believe in planning these things to maintain balance across the team)
- Are passionate about high-quality work and relentlessly pursue continuous improvement
- Are good with people; able to explain complex problems in a non-techie way for others to understand, both in writing and verbally
- Want to be part of a great team. You enjoy sharing ideas, collaborating on projects, and having fun while doing it!
What you’ll be working on:
- Collaborating with internal groups to gather requirements, propose designs, implement solutions and support our global environment
- Using cutting edge networking equipment including Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, and VPN concentrators
- Applying Python to networking in order to build tools and automate (we like automation!)
- Improving our support tools and processes to enhance our monitoring and automation efforts
- Helping to lead networking projects using a team-oriented approach
DRW was founded by Don Wilson, who got his start trading on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange in the late 1980s. Every trader on the floor had a three letter acronym for identification—Don chose his initials, DRW, and the name stuck. Over the past 25 years, DRW has expanded globally while staying true to what has always set us apart…our ability to identify and capture opportunities by leveraging technology, research and risk management. Our Approach We characterize our trading activity as following three general approaches — Liquidity providing: making markets, buying and selling products every day, with execution on a trading floor, over the phone and electronically Risk taking: doing our homework, formulating a view and putting on a position. Some positions are held for a few days, some for a few months or even years. Latency sensitive: combining research and risk management with superior technology and execution Trading in any asset class might include just one of these or may bring together all three; it all depends on what we see as the right strategy in that market. Our knowledge of the markets, pricing and modeling skills, risk management, and leading technology work together to create liquidity, improve market efficiency, and capture opportunities. Our Culture DRW combines the best of both worlds: the opportunity and spirit of a startup and the stability of an established, experienced firm. Our employees work hard to solve interesting problems, and their results are rewarded. We value continuous learning—from our outcomes, from the environment and from each other. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.
Want to learn more about DRW? Visit DRW's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Messaging Postflight
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Senior Full Stack Engineer
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Experiences
TripAdvisor, Boston, MA
HealthTap, Mountain View
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Munich, Germany
Engineering Manager, Platform
Mapbox, San Francisco or Washington D.C.