Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas, and reward their results.
DRW is looking for passionate Full Stack Software Developers to develop and improve the software that is critical to our mission. We are a group of polyglots and technologists always seeking to find the right tool for each problem. You will have vast exposure to multiple teams within DRW and be given immediate responsibility to make an impact from day one. You will be surrounded by cutting-edge technology and senior technologists to provide you the best possible environment to succeed on our team. We do not require familiarity with or prior experience in financial markets for this role. We will give you the training you need to be successful.
How you will make an impact…
- Design, develop, and implement full-stack software systems. Examples include:
- Trading Systems
- Data acquisition solutions
- Monitoring Systems
- Building scalable and performant software using software engineering best practices
- Collaborating with traders, researchers, and software engineers within our group as well as elsewhere within the organization.
- Analyzing end-user needs and business goals to design and develop new features.
- Evaluating appropriate new technologies, tools, frameworks and software components for integration
What you bring to the team…
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or engineering graduating between December 2018 and June 2019
- A strong understanding of software development principles (OO design, TDD, etc)
- Exposure to working with databases such as InfluxDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, or Microsoft SQL as well as some of the following tools: GitHub, Teamcity, Ansible, Capistrano, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Redis or Docker
- Previous professional experience working in a Linux based environment (internships and co-op experience is relevant)
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams as well as the self-motivation, curiosity and a passion for new technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets, and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus, and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW was founded by Don Wilson, who got his start trading on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange in the late 1980s. Every trader on the floor had a three letter acronym for identification—Don chose his initials, DRW, and the name stuck. Over the past 25 years, DRW has expanded globally while staying true to what has always set us apart…our ability to identify and capture opportunities by leveraging technology, research and risk management. Our Approach We characterize our trading activity as following three general approaches — Liquidity providing: making markets, buying and selling products every day, with execution on a trading floor, over the phone and electronically Risk taking: doing our homework, formulating a view and putting on a position. Some positions are held for a few days, some for a few months or even years. Latency sensitive: combining research and risk management with superior technology and execution Trading in any asset class might include just one of these or may bring together all three; it all depends on what we see as the right strategy in that market. Our knowledge of the markets, pricing and modeling skills, risk management, and leading technology work together to create liquidity, improve market efficiency, and capture opportunities. Our Culture DRW combines the best of both worlds: the opportunity and spirit of a startup and the stability of an established, experienced firm. Our employees work hard to solve interesting problems, and their results are rewarded. We value continuous learning—from our outcomes, from the environment and from each other. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.