Our new Real-Time Equity Trading Team is looking for a dedicated Junior Real-Time Equity Trader over a 4-month contract period with possibility of full-time employment. You will grow with the team and be responsible for exploring, developing and executing equity strategies. Furthermore, you will be integral in the interaction between various research and trading teams and will build a strong understanding of the equity market space.
How you make an impact…
- Monitor fundamental, macroeconomic and sector specific news and its impact across various equities
- Identify, develop and execute equity strategies
- Research and analyze different companies across the equity market in order to cultivate a deeper understanding of the key players and drivers in the market
- Collaborate with various departments on the research, development and implementation of trade strategies
What you bring to the team…
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, finance, political science, law or any related field graduating between December 2018 and June 2019
- Passion for learning about the North American equity market
- Excellent reading comprehension and ability to absorb large amounts of information
- Intellectually curious mind and a commitment to learning
- Positive, team-focused attitude and strong collaboration skills
- Self-starter mentality with a propensity to excel in fast paced environments
Please note- the hours of this position will be roughly 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus, and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW was founded by Don Wilson, who got his start trading on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange in the late 1980s. Every trader on the floor had a three letter acronym for identification—Don chose his initials, DRW, and the name stuck. Over the past 25 years, DRW has expanded globally while staying true to what has always set us apart…our ability to identify and capture opportunities by leveraging technology, research and risk management. Our Approach We characterize our trading activity as following three general approaches — Liquidity providing: making markets, buying and selling products every day, with execution on a trading floor, over the phone and electronically Risk taking: doing our homework, formulating a view and putting on a position. Some positions are held for a few days, some for a few months or even years. Latency sensitive: combining research and risk management with superior technology and execution Trading in any asset class might include just one of these or may bring together all three; it all depends on what we see as the right strategy in that market. Our knowledge of the markets, pricing and modeling skills, risk management, and leading technology work together to create liquidity, improve market efficiency, and capture opportunities. Our Culture DRW combines the best of both worlds: the opportunity and spirit of a startup and the stability of an established, experienced firm. Our employees work hard to solve interesting problems, and their results are rewarded. We value continuous learning—from our outcomes, from the environment and from each other. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.
Want to learn more about DRW? Visit DRW's website.
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Account Executive (m/f/d) - Public Sector
Mendix, Frankfurt | Cologne | Stuttgart | Hamburg | Berlin | Nuremberg | Hannover | Dortmund | Munich