Who we are
Who you are
- You can work alone but prefer working as a team
- You want to own the technology impact on the business
- You care more about learning and solving the problem than being right
- You champion best practices while using fewer tools
- You focus on reliability, scalability, and maintainability
- You enjoy designing, modeling, and programming regardless of the language set
- You crave and provide actionable feedback
What you will be working on
- You'll be helping DRW manage its funds efficiently by developing and maintaining simple and robust data pipelines written mostly in Ruby and Clojure that perform complex analysis on all of the firm's and some of the market's data.
- You'll care about interest rates, charges, trade limits, risk based limits, liquidity, and much more.
- You'll be using some calculation engines you write and some that are provided by third parties.
- You'll get to find innovative ways to integrate disparate technologies and provide real and valuable insights to the business.
- You'll decide which data needs to be up-to-the-second actionable and which data needs to be curated over long periods to gain daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly insights.
- You'll enable the communication mechanism for that data whether it be alerting, dashboards, ad-hoc querying, or complex data visualization.
- You'll work closely with your customers inside the firm to bring reliable, concrete, and introspect-able numbers to fuel their deep industry expertise.
DRW was founded by Don Wilson, who got his start trading on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange in the late 1980s. Every trader on the floor had a three letter acronym for identification—Don chose his initials, DRW, and the name stuck. Over the past 25 years, DRW has expanded globally while staying true to what has always set us apart…our ability to identify and capture opportunities by leveraging technology, research and risk management. Our Approach We characterize our trading activity as following three general approaches — Liquidity providing: making markets, buying and selling products every day, with execution on a trading floor, over the phone and electronically Risk taking: doing our homework, formulating a view and putting on a position. Some positions are held for a few days, some for a few months or even years. Latency sensitive: combining research and risk management with superior technology and execution Trading in any asset class might include just one of these or may bring together all three; it all depends on what we see as the right strategy in that market. Our knowledge of the markets, pricing and modeling skills, risk management, and leading technology work together to create liquidity, improve market efficiency, and capture opportunities. Our Culture DRW combines the best of both worlds: the opportunity and spirit of a startup and the stability of an established, experienced firm. Our employees work hard to solve interesting problems, and their results are rewarded. We value continuous learning—from our outcomes, from the environment and from each other. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.
Want to learn more about DRW? Visit DRW's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.