DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are currently seeking a Lead/Senior FPGA Engineer to join one of our trading teams. While DRW has been leveraging FPGA technology for a number of years, you will have the opportunity to build an FPGA application from scratch for an existing team. We’re seeking a candidate that has a strong understanding of software and hardware interaction. This person will participate in the full development lifecycle, including system and block level testing, of low latency high throughput FPGA design.
- Architect and implement new FPGA applications (synthesis, place & route, static timing analysis, documentation) from the ground up
- Research and evaluate a variety of cutting-edge FPGA hardware and technologies
- Propose creative solutions to overcome FPGA/hardware limitations
- Liaise directly with software and other design teams
- Conduct lab debugging and characterization of new hardware
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, Computer/Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of experience within the field; (Master’s degree or higher also counts for experience)
- Solid Hardware Engineering experience, especially with FPGA
- Highly autonomous with a can-do attitude able to lead an FPGA based project from system requirements to production
- Strong capacity to quickly evaluate FPGA based project feasibility based on hardware limitation
- Strong skills in RTL logic design (Verilog) and verification; 2+ years of experience writing Verilog
- Experience in FPGA design flow including synthesis, place & route , static timing analysis is required
- Experience with the design of system-on-chip (SOC) architectures, memory & processor subsystems, networking, and peripheral interconnect is required
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP stack
- Strong working knowledge of either XILINX or ALTERA FPGA design flow
- Experience with functional verification utilizing high-level methodologies (e.g. System Verilog) is a plus.
- Excellent research and data gathering skills
DRW was founded by Don Wilson, who got his start trading on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange in the late 1980s. Every trader on the floor had a three letter acronym for identification—Don chose his initials, DRW, and the name stuck. Over the past 25 years, DRW has expanded globally while staying true to what has always set us apart…our ability to identify and capture opportunities by leveraging technology, research and risk management. Our Approach We characterize our trading activity as following three general approaches — Liquidity providing: making markets, buying and selling products every day, with execution on a trading floor, over the phone and electronically Risk taking: doing our homework, formulating a view and putting on a position. Some positions are held for a few days, some for a few months or even years. Latency sensitive: combining research and risk management with superior technology and execution Trading in any asset class might include just one of these or may bring together all three; it all depends on what we see as the right strategy in that market. Our knowledge of the markets, pricing and modeling skills, risk management, and leading technology work together to create liquidity, improve market efficiency, and capture opportunities. Our Culture DRW combines the best of both worlds: the opportunity and spirit of a startup and the stability of an established, experienced firm. Our employees work hard to solve interesting problems, and their results are rewarded. We value continuous learning—from our outcomes, from the environment and from each other. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.
Want to learn more about DRW? Visit DRW's website.
Help the world share their story