DRW’s technology teams pride themselves on technical excellence, and on building a culture that we are proud to be a part of. We want people who think deeply about how to build software, and who also are open to new ideas and approaches in a finance and technology world that is constantly changing. We believe in agile with a small “a,” and in hiring the best and brightest and then keeping obstacles out of their way so they can do what they do best.
DRW is looking for outstanding Senior Software Engineers with an expertise in C++. You will be joining one of our software development teams to help build low latency trading applications.
To qualify for this role, you:
- Have significant experience developing high-availability systems in C++ and Python with very tight resource/latency constraints
- Have a background in multi-threaded programming and a strong understanding of hardware/software interaction
- Are comfortable working “under the hood” and you are quite skilled in performance tuning (applications, Linux, socket I/O, etc.) and troubleshooting
- Have experience working with C++ libraries like STL and Boost
- Are up to date on the C++0x/11 standards and have opinions about them
- Have worked on challenging projects that involved things like building a custom compiler, writing a matching engine, or working with large amounts of data in real time
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in the trading industry or another ultra-low latency sensitive business that involves solving remarkably complex problems
- Experience working with Research teams and Quants
- Full life-cycle software development utilizing exotic hardware/software architectures for ultra-low latency trading systems
DRW is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – growing to include real estate, cryptocurrencies, venture capital and several industry acquisitions. With more than 800 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve interesting problems and capture opportunities. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you will meet.
Our History DRW was founded by Don Wilson, who got his start trading on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange in the late 1980s. Every trader on the floor had a three letter acronym for identification—Don chose his initials, DRW, and the name stuck. Over the past 25 years, DRW has expanded globally while staying true to what has always set us apart…our ability to identify and capture opportunities by leveraging technology, research and risk management. Our Approach We characterize our trading activity as following three general approaches — Liquidity providing: making markets, buying and selling products every day, with execution on a trading floor, over the phone and electronically Risk taking: doing our homework, formulating a view and putting on a position. Some positions are held for a few days, some for a few months or even years. Latency sensitive: combining research and risk management with superior technology and execution Trading in any asset class might include just one of these or may bring together all three; it all depends on what we see as the right strategy in that market. Our knowledge of the markets, pricing and modeling skills, risk management, and leading technology work together to create liquidity, improve market efficiency, and capture opportunities. Our Culture DRW combines the best of both worlds: the opportunity and spirit of a startup and the stability of an established, experienced firm. Our employees work hard to solve interesting problems, and their results are rewarded. We value continuous learning—from our outcomes, from the environment and from each other. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.
Want to learn more about DRW? Visit DRW's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Vehicle Connectivity
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Web Development Immersive Instructor
General Assembly, New York, NY
Cloud Service Engineer
Box, Redwood City, CA
Senior Research Engineer - Promotion & Growth Algorithms
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Full Stack Engineer
Quora, Mountain View, CA