DRW is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – growing to include real estate, cryptocurrencies, venture capital and several industry acquisitions. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve interesting problems and capture opportunities. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you will meet.
Our formula for success is simple. We bring on exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
What you'll be doing:
- Working closely with users to build rich, interactive single page applications.
- Developing a full product from inception to production, including: identifying business needs, user experience, backend processing, and product evangelism.
- Pushing the limits of browser performance by building highly responsive web front-ends using the latest technology.
- Innovation! Take your ideas and make them reality - we have some of the toughest problems to solve and the brighest minds to solve them.
- Collaborating with other software engineers, IT, teams, quants and trading desks.
Some of the key skills are:
- Ability to pick up new programming languages and technologies to suit the problem at hand
- Deep understanding of browser internals: HTTP, WebSockets, Rendering, etc.
- Knowledge of the Chrome developer tools
- Development on Linux or OSX systems; familiar with bash scripting
- Experience with some of the following: React, Backbone, Angular, and jQuery
- Full stack experience using back-end technologies like node.js, Python, or Ruby
- B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
Nice to haves:
- ES6/2015 experience using Babel and/or Webpack
- Trading industry experience
- Experience innovating and developing quantitative visual displays
Our History DRW was founded by Don Wilson, who got his start trading on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange in the late 1980s. Every trader on the floor had a three letter acronym for identification—Don chose his initials, DRW, and the name stuck. Over the past 25 years, DRW has expanded globally while staying true to what has always set us apart…our ability to identify and capture opportunities by leveraging technology, research and risk management. Our Approach We characterize our trading activity as following three general approaches — Liquidity providing: making markets, buying and selling products every day, with execution on a trading floor, over the phone and electronically Risk taking: doing our homework, formulating a view and putting on a position. Some positions are held for a few days, some for a few months or even years. Latency sensitive: combining research and risk management with superior technology and execution Trading in any asset class might include just one of these or may bring together all three; it all depends on what we see as the right strategy in that market. Our knowledge of the markets, pricing and modeling skills, risk management, and leading technology work together to create liquidity, improve market efficiency, and capture opportunities. Our Culture DRW combines the best of both worlds: the opportunity and spirit of a startup and the stability of an established, experienced firm. Our employees work hard to solve interesting problems, and their results are rewarded. We value continuous learning—from our outcomes, from the environment and from each other. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.
Want to learn more about DRW? Visit DRW's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
Endurance International Group, New York, NY
Senior Autonomous Vehicle Operator
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Pre-Sales Solutions Architect (Spanish or Italian speaking)
Dropbox, Dublin, Ireland
Software Engineer -- Linux / DevOps
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Ecosystem Partner Engineering Manager
GitHub, Remote - US