DRW is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – growing to include real estate, cryptocurrencies, venture capital and several industry acquisitions. With more than 800 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve interesting problems and capture opportunities. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you will meet.
Our formula for success is simple. We bring on exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
We are looking for an experienced QA Engineer to join our growing team in Singapore. As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for setting up, maintaining, and supporting the testing environments used for automated and manual testing by our QA and Development teams.
- testing market data and order adapters to Asian exchanges
- automating regression testing of system functionality using Python
- developing scripts for maintaining, updating, and monitoring test system components
- working with developers to understand changes to systems to validate functionality and find potential issues
- effectively communicate issues found and help to determine how to resolve
- providing feedback on system functionality to help make improvements
- working with operations group to communicate upcoming changes to software systems
- helping troubleshoot and resolve problems in production systems
- reproducing issues in test systems to determine that the applied fixes have resolved the issue
Qualified candidates will have:
- strong programming skills obtained through a degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of automated testing experience
- demonstrated ability to handle testing applications independently
- an analytical, detail-oriented mind, as well as strong verbal / written skills
- experience working with automated test frameworks
- experience with scripting languages, primarily Python
- 2+ years of experience working with databases such as SQL or Postgres
- 1+ years of experience working on Linux operating systems
Bonus Points if you have experience working with:
- financial trading systems
- FIX, ITCH/OUCH, or other trading protocols
- JSON and REST APIs
- Conda packaging and environment management
Our History DRW was founded by Don Wilson, who got his start trading on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange in the late 1980s. Every trader on the floor had a three letter acronym for identification—Don chose his initials, DRW, and the name stuck. Over the past 25 years, DRW has expanded globally while staying true to what has always set us apart…our ability to identify and capture opportunities by leveraging technology, research and risk management. Our Approach We characterize our trading activity as following three general approaches — Liquidity providing: making markets, buying and selling products every day, with execution on a trading floor, over the phone and electronically Risk taking: doing our homework, formulating a view and putting on a position. Some positions are held for a few days, some for a few months or even years. Latency sensitive: combining research and risk management with superior technology and execution Trading in any asset class might include just one of these or may bring together all three; it all depends on what we see as the right strategy in that market. Our knowledge of the markets, pricing and modeling skills, risk management, and leading technology work together to create liquidity, improve market efficiency, and capture opportunities. Our Culture DRW combines the best of both worlds: the opportunity and spirit of a startup and the stability of an established, experienced firm. Our employees work hard to solve interesting problems, and their results are rewarded. We value continuous learning—from our outcomes, from the environment and from each other. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.
Want to learn more about DRW? Visit DRW's website.
Jobs You May Like
AV Support Engineer
Slack, San Francisco
System Integration Engineer
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA
Solutions Engineer (German & English Speaking)
Cloudflare, London, United Kingdom
Pre-Sales Solutions Architect (EMEA)
Summer 2018 Apprenticeship
Kenzan, Denver, CO
Software Engineer, Protect & Integrity
Pinterest, San Francisco