DRW is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – growing to include real estate, cryptocurrencies, venture capital and several industry acquisitions. With more than 800 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve interesting problems and capture opportunities. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you will meet.
Our employees work hard to solve interesting problems, and their results are rewarded. We value continuous learning—from our outcomes, from the environment and from each other. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.
DRW is looking for an OTC Cryptocurrency Trader in our London office to join a team of highly talented cryptocurrency traders and researchers. As part of this team, you will be tasked with managing counterparty relationships and executing trades. This role will also provide weekend trading coverage so the regular work schedule will consist of 3 weekdays and 2 weekend days.
- Manage OTC trading flow from new and existing counterparties
- Calculate and create markets in a number of different cryptocurrencies
- Identify and capture trading opportunities; execute trades within defined parameters
- Communicate closely with our other offices on varying workflow initiatives and trades
- Work with a variety of internal teams (operations, cash management, legal, etc.) to ensure proper settlement of transactions
- Help to manage and optimize our cryptocurrency portfolio
- Work directly with other DRW traders and cryptocurrency researchers to gain market knowledge and expertise
- Regular weekly work schedule will consist of three weekdays plus every Saturday and Sunday during the day
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2-7 years of OTC trading experience
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies and digital wallets preferred
- Strong organizational and math skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Strong initiative and a proven self-starter
Bonus Points for:
- A passion for cryptocurrencies and the role they play in global markets
Our History DRW was founded by Don Wilson, who got his start trading on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange in the late 1980s. Every trader on the floor had a three letter acronym for identification—Don chose his initials, DRW, and the name stuck. Over the past 25 years, DRW has expanded globally while staying true to what has always set us apart…our ability to identify and capture opportunities by leveraging technology, research and risk management. Our Approach We characterize our trading activity as following three general approaches — Liquidity providing: making markets, buying and selling products every day, with execution on a trading floor, over the phone and electronically Risk taking: doing our homework, formulating a view and putting on a position. Some positions are held for a few days, some for a few months or even years. Latency sensitive: combining research and risk management with superior technology and execution Trading in any asset class might include just one of these or may bring together all three; it all depends on what we see as the right strategy in that market. Our knowledge of the markets, pricing and modeling skills, risk management, and leading technology work together to create liquidity, improve market efficiency, and capture opportunities. Our Culture DRW combines the best of both worlds: the opportunity and spirit of a startup and the stability of an established, experienced firm. Our employees work hard to solve interesting problems, and their results are rewarded. We value continuous learning—from our outcomes, from the environment and from each other. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.
Want to learn more about DRW? Visit DRW's website.
Jobs You May Like
Customer Solutions Associate Engineer
Periscope Data, San Francisco
Rider Operations Associate, Procurement
Deliveroo, Business Bay, Dubai
Customer Service Associate
Lalamove, Jakarta, Indonesia
AM Shift Distribution Team Member
thredUP, Duluth, GA
Clinical Care Specialist (Paramedic)
Call9, Rhinebeck, NY
Head of Operations
Luno, Cape Town