Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Headquartered in London & with offices across Europe opening in Dubai, North America and APAC, we empower businesses that want to trade and transact internationally. We drive innovation through technology, providing businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trade and support their growth, including import lending, currency and risk products, and payment and collection facilities.
The talent of our 1000+ multicultural staff, combined with our cutting edge technology, tailored product range, and exceptional customer service has enabled us to double in size year after year. Today we have 28 offices across the world, with even more exciting expansion plans thanks to a £350MN strategic investment from Santander Bank.
An investment of this scale will significantly accelerate our next phase of international growth through both geographical-reach and product-offerings.
Even though our tremendous growth, we maintain a vibrant and enjoyable company culture - accelerate your career as part of our winning and growing team!
Are you ready to disrupt financial services?
The Head of Desk will have responsibility for leading a team of more junior salespeople, establishing sales objectives, implementing sales programs, and maintaining and improving sales performance through training, managing and developing the team members.
As a Head of Desk you will:
● Lead a junior origination team in developing prospects, leading by example, coaching and mentoring your team. You will be responsible for developing their skills and helping them progress through their career.
● Pitching and closing deals with prospective clients, by phone and face to face meetings
● Managing the customer relationship for new customers to ensure smooth on-boarding and first trades.
● Provide accurate forecasting of expected sales volume
● Implement regional sales programs for sales action and training plans with your team and fellow Heads of Desk
● Ensure adherence to company wide sales methodology and sales administration processes
● Involved in recruiting junior sales staff
Experience (Essential and Desired)
● Demonstrable track record of sales leadership within FX or other cross-border financial services (e.g. import lending, export lending, international payments and collections, cash management)
● Experience in nurturing very young talent
● Strong Financial Services experience and contacts network would be an advantage.
● Experience of working in a commercial bank (one or several) selling to mid size corporates. Coupled with experience in an environment different to a bank (this could be start-up vendor, FX specialist, cash management etc) desirable
● Experience of the local market
● Ideally with business/finance academic background
Competencies and Personal Characteristics
● Proven ability of bringing passion, energy and motivation to a sales organization.
● Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas and market share goals.
● Comfortable with a phone sales approach
● First-class communication skills, able to win people's' commitment and buy-in
● Demonstrable ability to mentor, manage and develop people
● Able to develop sales strategies, techniques and tactics based on customer feedback and market environment; presents key selling points, features, and benefits while focusing message on customer needs and expectations
● Skilled negotiator, able to build and leverage relationships at senior levels within SMB customers
● Quick learner; strong analytical skills
● Fluent English essential
● Competitive salary, with uncapped commission
This is a fantastic opportunity to join and help with the development of a new office.
The list of duties and responsibilities may include others, as required by the company from time to time in the performance of your role.
Due to the high number of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Any offer of employment is subject to the receipt of satisfactory references.
We are Ebury
We believe that in order for businesses to prosper and grow
there need to be as few boundaries as possible.
Growing internationally can mean a world of complexity for your business, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
Ebury helps eliminate boundaries with:
– Financial services that are normally reserved for large companies
– Business funding for your supply chain
– Tailored currency services
– Our vast global network and all our expertise