We’re ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too. We invented the world’s first smart Wi-Fi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation in technology that is connecting the home.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto, is growing quickly and we are specifically looking for a Mobile Test Developer for our Consumer Mobile team.
Do you enjoy evaluating and learning about the product and growing with it? Do you live and breathe quality and understand what it means? Are you able to spot issues before they become problems? Can you automate tests and know your way around it? If you answered yes to any of the above you may be who we are looking for!
Some of the cool stuff you’ll be working on:
As a Mobile Test Developer, you’ll work closely with the Product Stakeholders, UX designers, Developers, and other Test Developers in a cross-functional agile environment. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to and get your hands on a variety of tools, gadgets, frameworks, and technologies. You will learn and shape the world of IoT.
You will advocate quality, verify and validate software, analyze and lower product risks, and automate tests to help build great products. Your testing starts early in the cycle and your ideas and opinion matters from planning to deployment.
Due to the breadth of our product lines, you’ll be exposed to many areas of development: server, web, mobile, embedded, and voice among others. Whether you are testing a new experiment or a new release; writing and executing unit, integration, and end-to-end tests, there are always exciting things to work on!
Who you are:
We've built the following list as a guideline for some of the skills and interests we've seen in Test Developers - but we strive to build our team with members from a diverse background and skill set, so if any combination of these apply to you, we’d love to chat!
- You are a critical thinker with passion for quality and software testing
- Your curiosity and resourcefulness allow you to not only find problems but to also provide creative solutions for solving them
- You possess extensive experience on software testing techniques, methodologies, and tools
- Having good coding skill you feel strong in either Python, Swift, Kotlin or Java
- You have used Selenium, Appium, Espresso, XCTest or similar frameworks
- You are comfortable with native, API, integration, performance/load/stress, and security testing
- You have experience in CI and CD using Jenkins, CircleCI or similar
- You are truly a tinkerer; you create your own apps and robots at home
- You enjoy working closely with developers in an agile environment
What we are offering:
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- A unique field in hardware/software interaction – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Flexible schedules and work from home days
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
- Frequent Town Halls for company transparency
- Get in early at a growing (private) company with stock options
- Build new things + find new solutions – were growing to make room for new products!
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Why ecobee was born Before founding ecobee in 2007, Stuart Lombard was on a mission to reduce his family’s carbon footprint and save money. He found a lot of ways to conserve energy but most were complex and costly. However, he discovered that heating and cooling made up the majority of his home energy use. So, he tried a programmable thermostat. It turned out to be really complicated, even for someone with an engineering degree. And, unreliable. When Stuart and his family came home one winter day to find their house freezing, they'd had enough. He knew there had to be a better way and decided to build his own thermostat. A truly smart thermostat, that was easy to install, smart enough to deliver comfort, conserving energy and pay for itself in energy savings. That day, ecobee was born. We're on a mission We are focused on creating smarter wi-fi thermostats that are beautifully designed, easy to use, provide comfort and savings for families and are good for our planet.