We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian consumer product company that is transforming the smart home. Our mission is to create a “Helpful Home” – a home that listens, senses and responds to customer’s needs. We do this by creating innovative, thoughtful and beautifully designed products that deliver comfort, enhance control and reduce energy waste & carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
We created the world’s first WiFi connected smart thermostat that demystified heating and cooling equipment for users. We followed that with ecobee Room SensorTM technology that provided temperature information for whole home rather than just where the thermostat is connected which enabled us to deliver greater comfort and savings to our customers.
We then embedded a voice assistant into our thermostat and light switch to provide access to music, weather, knowledgebase and delivered whole home voice. We are innovative and creative and are out to create a “helpful home” through technology.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto is specifically looking for a hardware focused Product Manager on the Product Team – a team that has set out to be the best Product Team in the world! We are a team full of creative ideas with a passion to build world class products and drive to get things done. We have folks with engineering, sales, investment banking, industrial design background with deep technical knowledge and business smarts.
- You are a smart, curious and analytical person with a bias for action.
- You are a tinkerer and love to build products. You can show us the last prototype you built and why it was so awesome!
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and always seek to solve big problems.
- You are user obsessed and understand how users use your product better than anyone else.
- You think big, believe in your ideas and know how to bring them to fruition.
- You are a natural leader and in group settings your team looks to you for direction and decision making.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous and high stakes environment
Ways you can contribute day one:
Shape the future
- Understand the customers that use the products today, why they do so and how can we make their lives better with product innovation
- Define a product strategy aligned with company’s vision and a roadmap that supports the strategy
- Analyze industry, competition and answer the question – “What could be true in 5 years and how does the proposed product roadmap position ecobee in that world?”
Deliver the future
- Be the Product Owner for the roadmap and lead a cross-functional team to deliver high value devices and features to market
- Program Manage bringing new hardware products to market including managing hardware development, software development, packaging, field trials, manufacturing, go to market strategy and launch activities
- Work with vendors & partners where necessary to obtain solutions necessary to deliver the product
- Define and track product success metrics to ensure the right product at the highest quality standard is being delivered
- Track teams’ progress on set goals and milestones and provide weekly update to management team on program status
Scale in-market products
- Monitor in-market products both from consumer feedback and technical performance standpoint and identify areas of improvements (quick wins)
- Analyze returned hardware products from customers to identify and resolve issues
- Identify cost reduction strategies in collaboration with manufacturing team and work to bring the improvements to market
- Perform in-home customer visits to understand product performance
- Train sales and customer service teams on product features
Who You Are:
- You have a BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical engineering
- 2-3 years of engineering experience in designing and bringing a hardware product to market
- Able to showcase a hardware project or a product you have been tinkering with
- 1-2 years of experience as a Product Owner, bringing a hardware product to market
- Experience working with embedded software, is a plus!
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check.
What we are offering:
- An opportunity to grow with a dynamic company with personal and professional growth
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- A unique field in hardware – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
Are you the one we’re looking for? If so, we would love to hear from you!
ecobee is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Why ecobee was born Before founding ecobee in 2007, Stuart Lombard was on a mission to reduce his family’s carbon footprint and save money. He found a lot of ways to conserve energy but most were complex and costly. However, he discovered that heating and cooling made up the majority of his home energy use. So, he tried a programmable thermostat. It turned out to be really complicated, even for someone with an engineering degree. And, unreliable. When Stuart and his family came home one winter day to find their house freezing, they'd had enough. He knew there had to be a better way and decided to build his own thermostat. A truly smart thermostat, that was easy to install, smart enough to deliver comfort, conserving energy and pay for itself in energy savings. That day, ecobee was born. We're on a mission We are focused on creating smarter wi-fi thermostats that are beautifully designed, easy to use, provide comfort and savings for families and are good for our planet.
Want to learn more about ecobee? Visit ecobee's website.
Jobs You May Like
Pivotal Software, New York
Director of Product, Onboarding
MoneyLion, Multiple Locations (New York and San Francisco)
Product Manager, Guest Delight
Wheelhouse, San Francisco, CA
Starcity, San Francisco, California
Product Marketing Analyst
Jampp, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Senior Product Manager - App Infrastructure
Shopify, Toronto, Canada