We’re ecobee - born in Canada and now in Leeds too. We're helping people live more comfortably with simply designed, smart home devices and helping the planet use less energy. We invented the world’s first smart WiFi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate with the next generation of whole home voice technology. Our hive is headquartered in Toronto and our Leeds office is growing rapidly. You can expect a friendly, professional, flexible and multidisciplinary environment where designers, hardware engineers, manufacturing engineers, and software professionals collaborate across the world to create innovative, quality products.
Our riverside Leeds office is centrally and conveniently located on the Calls, 10 minutes walk from the train station. We offer a fun and casual workplace where everyone's ideas and contributions are welcome.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about quality
- You are always learning something new and using that knowledge in your work
- You understand the value of both analytical and critical thinking
- You not only find problems, but you provide creative solutions for solving them as well
- You enjoy interacting with multiple departments including (but not limited to) development, UX and PM
- You have a natural sense of curiosity; always find yourself tinkering with your gadgets
What you’d do:
- Own all aspects of the quality for your role
- Collaborate with the development team, product managers, and domain experts to understand the product, features, and technical implementation
- Write and maintain test plan and test cases
- Design and execute functional, non-functional, and regression tests
- Automate test cases
- Improve our test infrastructure by incorporating new technologies
- Extensive experience on software testing techniques, methodologies, and tools
- Experience with SoapUI, Postman or similar frameworks
- Experience in API, backend, contract-testing, integration, performance/load/stress, and security testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and/or Deployment using Jenkins, CircleCI or similar
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Experience in Linux, Docker, or Kubernetes is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud services, networking, distributed systems, microservices, GraphQL is a plus
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Why ecobee was born Before founding ecobee in 2007, Stuart Lombard was on a mission to reduce his family’s carbon footprint and save money. He found a lot of ways to conserve energy but most were complex and costly. However, he discovered that heating and cooling made up the majority of his home energy use. So, he tried a programmable thermostat. It turned out to be really complicated, even for someone with an engineering degree. And, unreliable. When Stuart and his family came home one winter day to find their house freezing, they'd had enough. He knew there had to be a better way and decided to build his own thermostat. A truly smart thermostat, that was easy to install, smart enough to deliver comfort, conserving energy and pay for itself in energy savings. That day, ecobee was born. We're on a mission We are focused on creating smarter wi-fi thermostats that are beautifully designed, easy to use, provide comfort and savings for families and are good for our planet.
Want to learn more about ecobee? Visit ecobee's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Developer, Integrations
Sterling, Bellevue WA US
Senior Full-stack Software Developer
EnerNOC, IE - Dublin
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) - Remote
Senior Robotics Software Engineer
Vicarious, San Francisco Bay Area
Software Engineer, Terraform Enterprise
HashiCorp, Remote US/Canada/Australia
Senior Software Engineer - International & Canada Team
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA