We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian consumer product company that is transforming the smart home. Our mission is to create a “Helpful Home” – a home that listens, senses and responds to customer’s needs. We do this by creating innovative, thoughtful and beautifully designed products that deliver comfort, enhance control and reduce energy waste & carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
We created the worlds’ first Wi-Fi connected smart thermostats that demystified heating and cooling equipment for users. We followed that with ecobee Room SensorTM technology that provided temperature information for whole home rather than just where thermostat is connected which enabled us to deliver greater comfort and savings to our customers. We then embedded a voice assistant into a thermostat and light switch at no additional cost to our customers but providing access to music, weather, knowledgebase and delivered whole home voice. We are innovative and creative and are out to create a “helpful home” through technology.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto is specifically looking for new member on the Product Team – a team that has set out to be the best Product Team in the world! We are a team full of creative ideas with a passion to build world class products and drive to get things done.
You will work directly with our SmartBuildings team as Product Manager - This team focuses on building an awesome software as a service (SaaS) solution that is changing the way that operators of light commercial and multi-unit residential buildings save money and deliver better comfort to their occupants, leveraging ecobee’s smart home technology and innovations.
ecobee Product Managers are believers in customer-first and agile product development – we are looking for someone who is user obsessed and excited to deliver results for our SmartBuildings team.
What You’ll Do:
- As our Product Manager for SmartBuildings, you will be the go-to person for all things Product - you will drive product initiatives from inception to execution
- Lead the product discovery process by working directly with current and future customers, including, conducting interviews and research to define business requirements
- Define SmartBuildings roadmap aligned with ecobee’s vision and strategy
- Understand the customers that use the products today, why they do so and how can we make their lives better with product innovation
- Collaborate with UX, data, and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis to build an iterative, high-quality SmartBuilding product
- Manage bringing new solutions to market that require development across mobile, web, backend server and embedded software
- You will consider workflow and edge cases and will ask the right questions to uncover potential roadblocks
- Define and execute on clear success metrics, and support the team to achieve them
- Track teams’ progress on set goals and milestones and provide weekly update to management team on program status
- Meet our customers in-home to understand how we’re performing
Who Are You?
- You have great experience in either Computer Science, Engineering or UX Design and have brought highly valued products to customers
- 5+ years experience in a product management role, ideally a SaaS or B2B product
- You are a Product Manager who has experience delivering a product to market that is successful and drives revenue for the company
- You’d love to showcase a portfolio of projects or products from concept to launch
- You are a smart, curious and analytical person with a bias for action.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and always seek to solve big problems.
- You are user obsessed and understand how users use your product better than anyone else.
- You are a natural leader and in group settings your team looks to you for direction and decision making.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous and high stakes environment
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
What we are offering:
- An opportunity to grow with a dynamic company, personal and professional growth
- Truly meaningful work that affects our planet
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Why ecobee was born Before founding ecobee in 2007, Stuart Lombard was on a mission to reduce his family’s carbon footprint and save money. He found a lot of ways to conserve energy but most were complex and costly. However, he discovered that heating and cooling made up the majority of his home energy use. So, he tried a programmable thermostat. It turned out to be really complicated, even for someone with an engineering degree. And, unreliable. When Stuart and his family came home one winter day to find their house freezing, they'd had enough. He knew there had to be a better way and decided to build his own thermostat. A truly smart thermostat, that was easy to install, smart enough to deliver comfort, conserving energy and pay for itself in energy savings. That day, ecobee was born. We're on a mission We are focused on creating smarter wi-fi thermostats that are beautifully designed, easy to use, provide comfort and savings for families and are good for our planet.
Want to learn more about ecobee? Visit ecobee's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Programme Manager - Product and Tech
Technical Program Manager
Senior Manager, Product Management-Cyber Security
White Ops, New York, Boston
BridgeAthletic, San Francisco
Appier, Taipei, Taiwan
Product Manager, App Publishing
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL