Hi, we’re ecobee - born and raised in Canada. We pride ourselves in making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our use – but for the planet as well. We invented the world’s first smart Wi-Fi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation whole home voice technology, making a truly magical experience for our users across all our products.
We are looking for a Manager of Copywriting to join our Marketing team. A Manager of Copywriting at ecobee is someone who is responsible for leading ecobee’s voice, messaging, and copy strategy across all channels, including e-commerce, retail, owned and earned channels and product. This role will engage cross-functionally to ensure the brand is well-defined and communicated through all storytelling opportunities.
You will define and lead how the brand comes to life via copy including: the execution of any/all materials requiring copy, company-wide and project by project messaging strategy, and creation of inspiring and distinct storytelling moments. You will work with our team as a conceptual thinker and storyteller to create communications that represent our brand and speak directly to our customers. You’ll be an integral creative lead member of the in-house creative team within Marketing and will collaborate with Product and e-Commerce writers to oversee and/or craft everything from product launch frameworks to promotional campaigns that include customer driven emails, display ads, social media content and more.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Creative and technical copywriting. You’ll help define a product or topic, address an issue, gather knowledge, and develop well-written content and messaging that supports our current and potential customers.
- Develop, evolve, and oversee the voice for ecobee across all customer touch-points, including but not limited to Product/Packaging, E-Commerce, Brand Marketing, Marketing (Email, Display, Social, Blog, etc.), In-Store.
- Build, manage, and lead a copywriting team to own a distinct approach to messaging/communications hierarchy and its implementation across all channels
- Develop and evolve copy workflows and processes, as related to copy development, product naming, translations, company-wide tone-of-voice training and more
- Work closely with art directors, designers and other writers on a conceptual and executional level to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with the brand
- Collaborate with our communications team to engage with our loyal audience on a multitude of social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit and LinkedIn.
- Interact and work with our product and sales teams to better understand our products and business objectives.
- Ensure the completion of team deliverables and set/adhere to team budgets, as applicable
- Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all communications platforms and messaging frameworks, design and decision-making processes
- Proactively identify and anticipate customer expectations and needs
- Embrace, create and influence high tech solutions for ecobee’s customers
- Challenge the status quo and consistently identify areas for improvement, diagnose issues and work to resolve them
Who Are You?
- 8+ years as a copywriter, copy and/or editorial lead creating marketing programs/materials, honing brand voice, on and offline
- Proven leadership and direct management experience
- Experienced in managing and writing to a brand voice, as well as collaborating with technical web and product writers.
- Experience creating and organizing workflow copywriting processes for content, as well as physical product and launch content
Nice to Have...
- Previous experience with consumer brands, smart home devices, heating and cooling systems or a passion for technology.
- Agency experience.
Are you the one we’re looking for? If so, we would love to hear from you!
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Why ecobee was born Before founding ecobee in 2007, Stuart Lombard was on a mission to reduce his family’s carbon footprint and save money. He found a lot of ways to conserve energy but most were complex and costly. However, he discovered that heating and cooling made up the majority of his home energy use. So, he tried a programmable thermostat. It turned out to be really complicated, even for someone with an engineering degree. And, unreliable. When Stuart and his family came home one winter day to find their house freezing, they'd had enough. He knew there had to be a better way and decided to build his own thermostat. A truly smart thermostat, that was easy to install, smart enough to deliver comfort, conserving energy and pay for itself in energy savings. That day, ecobee was born. We're on a mission We are focused on creating smarter wi-fi thermostats that are beautifully designed, easy to use, provide comfort and savings for families and are good for our planet.
Want to learn more about ecobee? Visit ecobee's website.
Jobs You May Like
Contract Copy Editor
Newsday Media Group, Melville, NY
Intégrateur technologique - Profil électronique (Technology Integrator - Electronic Profile)
Moment Factory, Montréal
Esports Production Manager - Events
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Social Media Fellow
The Players' Tribune, New York, NY
Cheddar, New York