We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. Our beautifully designed devices help reduce energy waste and carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
To keep that creativity and innovation going, we offer a flexible and multidisciplinary environment where designers, hardware engineers, and software professionals collaborate.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto is growing quickly and we are specifically looking for a QA Manager for our fantastic QA Engineering team.
Some of the cool stuff you’d be working on:
- Manage the growth and development of your team, finding the best path for a person's career ambitions that address the company needs
- Engage in meaningful 1:1s with your team members, covering a range of topics: job fulfillment, career ambitions and subsequent planning
- Hire the best and brightest, stewarding their onboarding experience ensuring they’re a contributing member
- Provide technical leadership to cross-functional teams on quality and agile processes
- Manage and set quality best practices for Embedded platforms (eg. exploratory testing, peer review process, accessibility, testability, CI, CD, quality attributes evaluation and more)
- Designing and implementing test fixtures; including software and hardware
- Foster a culture of collaboration and innovation allowing “cross-pollination” of ideas across teams
Who you are:
- Excited about working in a multi-disciplinary and fast pace environment
- Wanting to contribute to the growth of our team by providing coaching, mentorship and management and education to our QA Engineers
- Hold relevant experience in a team lead capacity, or team management role
- Prior knowledge architecting, developing and supporting testing for embedded technologies
- Proven strength in a current or previous role using modern IoT technologies
- Experience recruiting top-tier engineering teams
- Experience driving Quality Improvement programs
What we are offering:
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- A unique field in hardware/software interaction – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
- Frequent Town Halls for company transparency
- Get in early at a growing (private) company with stock options
- Build new things + find new solutions – were growing to make room for new products!
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Why ecobee was born Before founding ecobee in 2007, Stuart Lombard was on a mission to reduce his family’s carbon footprint and save money. He found a lot of ways to conserve energy but most were complex and costly. However, he discovered that heating and cooling made up the majority of his home energy use. So, he tried a programmable thermostat. It turned out to be really complicated, even for someone with an engineering degree. And, unreliable. When Stuart and his family came home one winter day to find their house freezing, they'd had enough. He knew there had to be a better way and decided to build his own thermostat. A truly smart thermostat, that was easy to install, smart enough to deliver comfort, conserving energy and pay for itself in energy savings. That day, ecobee was born. We're on a mission We are focused on creating smarter wi-fi thermostats that are beautifully designed, easy to use, provide comfort and savings for families and are good for our planet.