Hi, we are ecobee.
A proudly Canadian technology company transforming the smart home. ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing tech company in the heart of downtown Toronto, and we get to work with some of Canada's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their whole selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
The Role: Our hive is located in Downtown Toronto and is growing quickly, as a result we are looking for a EDI Analyst to join our Scalability team to help us deliver scalable solutions across the company
Who you are joining:
ecobee is a complex business with complex requirements; the data and platforms under your purview are core to the day-to-day performance of the company. We have a streamlined collection of well-integrated enterprise systems that can scale to support ecobee’s fast-growing business. These systems are effective because they contain reliable and complete datasets that empower your colleagues to make effective, well-informed decisions. As we continue to grow, we're looking for an EDI Analyst to join our Scalability team to help us deliver scalable solutions across the company.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Partner with internal stakeholders on our retail sales, operations, energy and finance teams to identify and implement new integrations with our customers in the ANSII X12 format and maintain SFTP integrations.
- Work closely with our Integration partners to ensure ecobee’s EDI, Shopify and SFTP process are well designed, scalable, documented and supported.
- Analyze data, and work with team admins and developers to update and fix current integrations.
- Conduct a unit test of all functional design elements, a system and integration test of all data feeds in/out of NetSuite and deliver detailed test scripts and test data with test cases linked to specific items.
- Assist in identification and implementation of scalable solutions, including risks assessments.
- Monitor EDI and SFTP sites for errors and issues.
- Independently manage EDI or SFTP support issues/requests received by troubleshooting errors impacting systems, prioritize and execute tasks to severity levels, communicate updates, and provide professional, timely escalations.
- Analyze, correct, and reprocess invalid XML and EDI data for failed transactions, as needed.
What You'll Bring to the Table:
- You enjoy optimizing process and technology.
- You have extensive experience working as an analyst with a focus on systems integrations, preferably in ANSII X12 format.
- You understand the EDI concepts including transaction set structure, standards compliance, and communication concepts. Experience with EDI translator is a plus.
- Working knowledge of network protocols such as AS2, SFTP, VAN and others is a plus.
- You have good understanding of web service API (SOAP, and REST).
- You can use XML, SQL query.
- You have experience or a solid understanding of a manufacturing environment.
- You have experience working with an ERP like NetSuite, SAP, JD Edwards.
- You are excited to take the lead in a business-critical area and are passionate about continuous improvement.
PS: We've built the following list as a guideline for some of the skills and interests of our development team - but we strive to build our team with members from a diverse background and skill set, so if any combination of these apply to you we'd love to chat!
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 30-minute phone call with a member in Talent Acquisition
- A first round virtual interview with the Director of Enterprise Systems – expect technical, behavioural and situational questions
- If your first round interview goes well, you can expect a take home case study, which you get a week to work on – you'll then come in virtually to present your solution to the team
- The interview itself! A 1.5 hour virtual interview is the next and last step. You will meet our Senior EDI Analyst, Manager Business Systems joined by the Director of Enterprise Systems. You will present for the first 20 minutes and leave the rest of the hour for Q&A.
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make an environmental difference: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, grow with our quarterly hackathons, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Enjoy stocks options: Own ecobee stocks as an employee, a nice perk as we approach #1 in the smart home industry.
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. We’re a remote-first workplace until January 2022.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours and are working exclusively from home until January 2022. After that, based on your job, you have an option of office, hybrid or fully remote work. We will be conducting our interviews and onboarding sessions through video until then. New team members will be starting remotely, with all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Why ecobee was born Before founding ecobee in 2007, Stuart Lombard was on a mission to reduce his family’s carbon footprint and save money. He found a lot of ways to conserve energy but most were complex and costly. However, he discovered that heating and cooling made up the majority of his home energy use. So, he tried a programmable thermostat. It turned out to be really complicated, even for someone with an engineering degree. And, unreliable. When Stuart and his family came home one winter day to find their house freezing, they'd had enough. He knew there had to be a better way and decided to build his own thermostat. A truly smart thermostat, that was easy to install, smart enough to deliver comfort, conserving energy and pay for itself in energy savings. That day, ecobee was born. We're on a mission We are focused on creating smarter wi-fi thermostats that are beautifully designed, easy to use, provide comfort and savings for families and are good for our planet.
Want to learn more about ecobee? Visit ecobee's website.
DICE is on a mission to get people out more. We bring incredible live shows and