Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in the heart of downtown Toronto with offices in Toronto, Canada and Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who You Will Be Joining:
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team to own our One Platform strategy. Working with the team, you will be at the intersection of our devices and their critical software services. The One Platform team is breaking down internal silos to provide core device services that enable faster product development across the entire ecobee ecosystem. One Platform is laying the foundation for a truly open device platform experience.
You will work collaboratively with engineers, Hardware PMs, data scientists, and platform leadership to plan, execute, and track our One Platform strategy.
How you’ll make an impact:
- As a Senior Product Manager at ecobee, you will be the go-to person for all things One Platform - you will drive product initiatives from inception to delivery
- Craft a product strategy to give device product teams as much autonomy as possible as they develop new devices and maintain existing ones.
- Understand and prioritize the current and future needs of our devices in the scope of the critical services needed to run them (device control, fleet management, device registration, historical device data)
- Determine the best ways to measure engineering efficiency and satisfaction to highlight the quantifiable impact of your team’s work
- Track teams’ progress on set goals and milestones and provide regular updates to the management team on program status
- Communicate with development teams in technical details, understand the implications of certain choices, and make trade-offs in complexity, depth, and timelines
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- You have previous experience in a Senior level Product role, and experience with B2C product would be an asset.
- Deep technical understanding and the ability to prioritize technical care gained through a technical role (you have been a developer, a technical product/program manager)
- Experience facilitating technical discussions for products
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple projects, align on goals, and drive output
- Experience providing feedback and inputs in technical and architectural design
- The ability to distill technical concepts to business users and vice versa
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, and getting the work done
- You have a Bachelor's or advanced degree in engineering or commensurate technical experience
- You love data and use it extensively for decision making, driving influence and measuring success
- You are a smart, curious, and analytical person with a bias for action
- You always start with the customer problem and understand how users use your product better than anyone else
- You are a natural leader and in group settings your team looks to you for direction and decision making
- You are comfortable in a highly technical environment and can understand the nuances of technical decisions.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and high stakes environment
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 30-minute phone/video call with a member in Talent Acquisition
- A first-round virtual interview with a cross-functional group of ecopeeps – expect technical, behavioral and situational questions. 45 minutes with the Director of Product and 45 minutes with Engineering+Design
- If your first-round interview goes well, you can expect a take home case study, which you get a week to work on – you'll then come in virtually to present your solution to the team.
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make an environmental difference: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, grow with our quarterly hackathons, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of office, hybrid or fully remote work. It is our top priority to keep employees safe. As we continue to take measures to keep employees safe in our offices, we have adopted a mandatory vaccine policy to be present in the physical Toronto office or other ecobee sponsored events in Ontario as of November 1, 2021. As such, to be in our office, it is required to acknowledge a formal attestation and submit accompanying proof of vaccination status. For the foreseeable future, we will be conducting our interviews and onboarding sessions through video. New team members will also be starting remotely, with all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Why ecobee was born Before founding ecobee in 2007, Stuart Lombard was on a mission to reduce his family’s carbon footprint and save money. He found a lot of ways to conserve energy but most were complex and costly. However, he discovered that heating and cooling made up the majority of his home energy use. So, he tried a programmable thermostat. It turned out to be really complicated, even for someone with an engineering degree. And, unreliable. When Stuart and his family came home one winter day to find their house freezing, they'd had enough. He knew there had to be a better way and decided to build his own thermostat. A truly smart thermostat, that was easy to install, smart enough to deliver comfort, conserving energy and pay for itself in energy savings. That day, ecobee was born. We're on a mission We are focused on creating smarter wi-fi thermostats that are beautifully designed, easy to use, provide comfort and savings for families and are good for our planet.
Want to learn more about ecobee? Visit ecobee's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one