Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in the heart of downtown Toronto with offices in Toronto, Canada and Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who you’ll be joining:
Our hive is growing! We’re looking for a new Product Manager to join our Thermostats Software team – a team that is on a mission to become the best Product Team in the world! Specifically, we’ll looking for someone to focus on improving home comfort and drive incremental energy savings.
We are a team with endless creative ideas, we have a passion to build world class products, and the drive to get things done. Our team is focused on innovating new products and features that deliver value to millions of homeowners across North America.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Help drive improvements to home comfort and energy savings we provide through our thermostats
- Understand the customers that use our products today, why they do so, and how we can innovate to make their lives better
- Define a product strategy aligned with company’s vision and a roadmap that supports the strategy
- Be the Product Owner and lead a cross-functional team to deliver high value products and solutions that work seamlessly in a multi-platform environment
- Be responsible for bringing new software solutions to market that require development across mobile, web, backend server and embedded software
- Define and track product success metrics to ensure the right product is being delivered at the highest standard of quality
- Deliver continuous improvement by shipping frequently and analyzing trends in success metrics over time
- Set and track progress on team goals and milestones and provide regular updates to the management team on program status
What you bring to the table:
- You’re passionate about working on energy saving technologies that help fight climate change
- You are a smart, curious and analytical person with a bias for action.
- You are customer obsessed. You strive to understand your customers better than anyone else.
- You are data driven – you put product metrics at the centre of your decision making
- You are a tinkerer who loves to build products. You can show us the last prototype you built and why it was so awesome!
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and always seek to solve big problems.
- You challenge status-quo when it does not make sense
- You think big, believe in your ideas, and know how to bring them to fruition.
- You are a natural leader and in group settings your team looks to you for direction and decision making.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high stakes environment with a high-level of uncertainty
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 30-minute phone/video call with a member in Talent Acquisition
- A first round 60-minute virtual interview with the hiring manager and a one other ecopeep – expect technical, behavioural and situational questions
- If your first round interview goes well, you can expect a take home case study, which you get a week to work on – you'll then come in virtually to present your solution to the a cross functional group of folks from engineering, product and hardware
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make an environmental difference: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, grow with our quarterly hackathons, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of office, hybrid or fully remote work. It is our top priority to keep employees safe. As we continue to take measures to keep employees safe in our offices, we have adopted a mandatory vaccine policy to be present in the physical Toronto office or other ecobee sponsored events in Ontario as of November 1, 2021. As such, to be in our office, it is required to acknowledge a formal attestation and submit accompanying proof of vaccination status. For the foreseeable future, we will be conducting our interviews and onboarding sessions through video. New team members will also be starting remotely, with all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Why ecobee was born Before founding ecobee in 2007, Stuart Lombard was on a mission to reduce his family’s carbon footprint and save money. He found a lot of ways to conserve energy but most were complex and costly. However, he discovered that heating and cooling made up the majority of his home energy use. So, he tried a programmable thermostat. It turned out to be really complicated, even for someone with an engineering degree. And, unreliable. When Stuart and his family came home one winter day to find their house freezing, they'd had enough. He knew there had to be a better way and decided to build his own thermostat. A truly smart thermostat, that was easy to install, smart enough to deliver comfort, conserving energy and pay for itself in energy savings. That day, ecobee was born. We're on a mission We are focused on creating smarter wi-fi thermostats that are beautifully designed, easy to use, provide comfort and savings for families and are good for our planet.
Want to learn more about ecobee? Visit ecobee's website.
The best bed for better sleep