Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in the heart of downtown Toronto with offices in Toronto, Canada and Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who’ll You Be Joining
We’re looking for a Group Product Manager to join our Devices team and focus on cameras and sensors. Your responsibility is to define, plan and create amazing, connected home experiences that span across ecobee and third-party products – enhancing the ecobee ecosystem for our customers. You will be at the intersection of software, hardware, and our customer experience ensuring that our products provide meaningful long-term value for our customers.
You will work collaboratively with Engineering, Product Marketing, UX, User Researcher, and Customer Support to bring ecobee’s own and third-party products to the ecobee ecosystem. You will work to identify new opportunities and improvements in our current product offering, as well as help shape our next generations of sensors and strategy for how third-party devices interoperate in an ecobee connected home.
ecobee Product Managers are believers in customer-first and agile product development – we are looking for someone who is user obsessed and excited to deliver results for our team. Ideally, you have worked as a PM within a product team at a world-class company (regardless of its size), shipping devices directly to consumers or businesses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- As a Group Product Manager at ecobee, you will have experience leading a small team of Product Managers for a line of smart home devices - you will drive product initiatives from inception to delivery with your team
- Define your product’s roadmap aligned with ecobee’s vision and strategy
- Lead the product discovery process by working directly with current and future customers, including, conducting interviews and research to define business requirements
- Define our roadmap aligned with ecobee’s vision and strategy
- Understand the customers that use the products today, why they do so and how can we make their lives better with product innovation
- Manage bringing new solutions to market across a variety of engineering teams, including hardware and software.
- You will consider workflow and edge cases and will ask the right questions to uncover potential roadblocks
- Define and execute on clear success metrics, and support the team to achieve them
- Track teams’ progress on set goals and milestones and provide regular updates to the management team on program status
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Previous senior-level product management experience in designing and bringing consumer hardware products to market.
- You have previous experience managing and mentoring PMs and are excited by growing an engaging team
- You are a smart, curious, and analytical person with a bias for action.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and always seek to solve big problems.
- You are user obsessed and understand how users use your product better than anyone else.
- You are a natural leader and in group settings your team looks to you for direction and decision making.
- You are comfortable in a highly technical environment and can understand the nuances of technical decisions.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and high stakes environment.
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 30-minute phone/video call with a member in Talent Acquisition
- A first round virtual interview with a cross-functional group of ecopeeps – expect technical, behavioural and situational questions
- If your first round interview goes well, you can expect a take home case study, which you get a week to work on – you'll then come in virtually to present your solution to the team
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make an environmental difference: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, grow with our quarterly hackathons, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of office, hybrid or fully remote work. It is our top priority to keep employees safe. As we continue to take measures to keep employees safe in our offices, we have adopted a mandatory vaccine policy to be present in the physical Toronto office or other ecobee sponsored events in Ontario as of November 1, 2021. As such, to be in our office, it is required to acknowledge a formal attestation and submit accompanying proof of vaccination status. For the foreseeable future, we will be conducting our interviews and onboarding sessions through video. New team members will also be starting remotely, with all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Why ecobee was born Before founding ecobee in 2007, Stuart Lombard was on a mission to reduce his family’s carbon footprint and save money. He found a lot of ways to conserve energy but most were complex and costly. However, he discovered that heating and cooling made up the majority of his home energy use. So, he tried a programmable thermostat. It turned out to be really complicated, even for someone with an engineering degree. And, unreliable. When Stuart and his family came home one winter day to find their house freezing, they'd had enough. He knew there had to be a better way and decided to build his own thermostat. A truly smart thermostat, that was easy to install, smart enough to deliver comfort, conserving energy and pay for itself in energy savings. That day, ecobee was born. We're on a mission We are focused on creating smarter wi-fi thermostats that are beautifully designed, easy to use, provide comfort and savings for families and are good for our planet.
Want to learn more about ecobee? Visit ecobee's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one