We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. In the past year, ecobee has become the highest rated thermostat online, and won rave reviews from consumers and media alike—not to mention doubled in size. And we’re just getting started.
We are innovators in the fast-emerging connected home and IoT industries and are home to more than 300 multi-disciplined individuals that act on their genuine concern for the environment while excelling in their areas of unique expertise – from software and product development to marketing and accounting.
We are looking for a driven and diligent Sales Analyst to support data driven decision making at ecobee. In this role, you will be accountable for leading the forecasting process and partnering with sales channels to identify opportunities to hit stretch targets. You will be a key contributor in our monthly sales and operations planning processes, while evaluating sales performance and profitability across all channels.
This is a high impact role that regularly interfaces with senior leaders; the ability to influence decision making used data driven analysis and competitive analysis is critical.
Ways you can contribute day one:
- You will drive the retail collaborative planning and replenishment process (CPFR) and partner with retail sales team on key retailer interactions
- Partner with Sales channels to agree on sales targets, stretch goals and develop plans to address sales gaps to forecast and budget.
- Develop reports and dashboards to enable sales team to exceed sales targets and identify and assess new opportunities
- Work with our Finance team to help interpret how changes to our sales forecast impact financials and explain significant budget and forecast variances
- Produce scorecards to evaluate sales performance and profitability across all channels but with a specific focus on retail performance
- Become the go to person for all sell in and sell thru questions and balance ad-hoc requests against the rigor of the sales forecasting process to ensure monthly planning cadence is maintained.
Who you are:
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to influence decision making
- You have 3 - 5 years of forecasting, sales reporting and analytics experience within a CPG environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with large data sets to identify trends and anomalies
- Ability to dive into detailed analysis while maintaining sight of strategy goals and objectives
- Experience analyzing sell-in and sell-thru data with a sound understanding of retailer and consumer behaviour
- Experience developing and presenting reports for stakeholders from account managers to senior executives
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check.
What we are offering:
- An opportunity to grow with a dynamic company with personal and professional growth
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- A unique field in hardware – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
Are you the one we’re looking for? If so, we would love to hear from you!
ecobee is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Why ecobee was born Before founding ecobee in 2007, Stuart Lombard was on a mission to reduce his family’s carbon footprint and save money. He found a lot of ways to conserve energy but most were complex and costly. However, he discovered that heating and cooling made up the majority of his home energy use. So, he tried a programmable thermostat. It turned out to be really complicated, even for someone with an engineering degree. And, unreliable. When Stuart and his family came home one winter day to find their house freezing, they'd had enough. He knew there had to be a better way and decided to build his own thermostat. A truly smart thermostat, that was easy to install, smart enough to deliver comfort, conserving energy and pay for itself in energy savings. That day, ecobee was born. We're on a mission We are focused on creating smarter wi-fi thermostats that are beautifully designed, easy to use, provide comfort and savings for families and are good for our planet.
Want to learn more about ecobee? Visit ecobee's website.
Jobs You May Like
Customer Success Engineer
Looker, Santa Cruz
Addepar, New York, NY
Production Planning Engineer
Bloomon, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Client Success Coordinator
ZeroCater, New York, NY
Technical Account Manager
Dropbox, Austin, TX
Director of Business Development (1-year Parental Leave Contract)